esper i’ll say it since everyone else is a coward: goth girl. if a game has a goth girl she’s in the party until I quit playing.
Jaffe THIS is the kind of shit I was looking for. Ash Parrish would’ve gotten the spirit of this question.
You had barely finished reading the question aloud before the internal monologue neurons in my brain had fired off to say “cool lady.” Goth girls are ofc a subgenre of cool ladies, but there are many kinds of cool ladies (sword ladies, spear ladies, etc.)
It’s sad to point it out but hot girl/love interests who are also cool ladies are not the norm. It may even be the case that a party member character who is not written to be a love interest has a good chance of being a cool lady, just by virtue of it being impossible for predominantly male writers to incorporate female characters who need to compensate in being extremely cool ladies for not being a love interest for the player/protagonist to pursue or for cramming normative sex appeal down the throat of the player. However, this is not to diminish the power of cool ladies, which can be truly immense.
I guess not all of these come from games where it makes sense to have one main party, however, the appreciation of cool ladies should not be confined to just answering the question, so here are some RPG cool ladies:
- Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile
- Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII
- Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX
- Momo from Breath of Fire III (BAZOOKA LADY)
- Female Hero from Dragon Quest III
- Jade from Dragon Quest XI
- With all due respect to Marle and Lucca, they are cool girls, so Ayla is the cool lady of Chrono Trigger. Feral cool lady.
- It’s been a real long time since I played it but there has gotta be a few cool ladies in Chrono Cross. I would be truly shocked and insulted to hear otherwise
- Feena from Grandia (correction, as Brandon pointed out below, Feena is a cool girl on account of being 15 years old)
Please everyone share your favourite RPG cool ladies