- One host answering questions about one game at a time.
- The host reigns supreme and this is more fun with a bit of Calvinball about it. Be creative. Go ahead and give a bonus question if you like someone’s question a lot. Answer joke questions that make you laugh for free. Whatever.
- The first person to guess the game correctly becomes the new host.
- In the interests of moving things along, each individual post can contain up to three questions.
- Duplicate or near-duplicate questions between different users asking things before the host can respond with answers don’t individually increase the total number of questions asked, just one per duplicate/near-duplicate. It’s the host’s decision to conglomerate questions.
- It’s the host’s job to keep track of how many questions they’ve been asked, keep a tally on your answer posts.
- For MAJORLEAGUEGAMING pro optimization strats, if you ask 3 questions when only 1 remain, all three count. Play can continue until the host feels those following the thread have given up.
- If no one can guess the game after 20 (or 21, or 22) questions have been asked, the host wins, and can either choose to go again, or appoint a new host, based on whatever criteria they wished (who got closest, who asked the most interesting question, etc.). Hosts should then reveal the answer.
- Guesses of games never count as questions, and if 20-22 questions has been asked, the round is active until the host responds with the answer.
- No lying, or overly cryptic or coy answers. If the answer would make the game obvious, it’s because the question asker is clever, so give them the glory. If you’re gonna be coy, at least be coy in a way that looks coy, so that acts as a hint in of itself.
- Hosts may lead with a hint, you can make it cryptic, evocative, make it a freebie to narrow the search down, or a tease, or a red herring, whatever you want.
In between when the first correct guess is made and when the host can confirm the round complete, whoever puts in a correct guess will get a number of points equal to the questions that remain. “But what about if you just copy the correct guess from the other poster?” Sure, I’ll leave the system easily exploitable like that, but if you’re posting on this forum, are you really the sort of person who would just bandwagon your way to glory like that?
Oh, you are? Well, cool, games are supposed to be fun so if you find that fun go ahead and have fun! It’s only your Insert Credit Club Honor on the line…
1st Place - 30 Points
“Doubles Master” @kory
2nd Place - 13 Points
3rd Place - 11 Points
4th Place - 10 Points
5th Place - 4 Points
Two games for the price of one.