Before Kurt Was Feldman

Hey All!

I think we need a thread for our favorite tunes used in the podcast before the shiny, stylish backing music we all know. And love.

I had this idea listening to an older episode (#64 specifically) that used a version of the Angry Birds song by Pomplamoose (long standing YouTube musicians) which is one of my favorite videos of theirs. However, my favorite use of a song is "Twin of Myself" by Black Moth Super Rainbow.

I truthfully heard this song and didn't recognize it at first except for the unmistakable synth sounds. I listen to BMSR just about daily, so I literally went through most of their catalogue trying to figure out what song it was. It's a song only on the B-side collection from one of their albums. This deep cut alone impresses me with the coolness associated with this show for years, and that was only amplified by my own discovery.

My honorable mention is the version of E1M1 in #124

What are your favorite tracks from old episodes?

You know what it is

https://youtu.be/wJZYFUFMNOU

I’ve been working my way through the back catalogue and this jam from the PS2CULAR is one of my favorites—hadn’t heard this rendition before!

https://youtu.be/pF4fcMNJ9Dc

@“kory”#p34959 Darn, I would have posted this. I hadn't heard it either!

@“captain”#p34961 Yeah, I love that it's not only a fantastic version of a fantastic song, but the energy really worked well in the context of the episode! It really got me pumped and flowed well with the conversation. The PS2 was a weird blind spot for me in terms of consoles, so this helped evoke some vicarious excitement.

@“kory”#p34965 Same here. I mean I was just a kid at the time, so I only had one console, and it was the Gamecube. Real good episode to start listening to the podcast on.

I do wish we could put some more music in there, but we‘re worried about licensing and rights and takedown and stuuuuuuuuuuuff unfortunately. maybe when we’re rich!!

I didn't often listen to the episodes so it's a fun surprise that black moth super rainbow was in there... kinda makes sense though.

Last year I listened to the whole back catalogue and the tracks that I distinctly recall are Le Temps de l'Amour by Françoise Hardy and Ping Pong by Stereolab

>

@“kory”#p34959 I’ve been working my way through the back catalogue and this jam from the PS2CULAR is one of my favorites—hadn’t heard this rendition before!

this is absolutely choice

@“MichaelDMcGrath”#p34957 Damn YMO rule so hard.