Dogs

My dog had something similar about 2 years ago. She had a big bulge on her chest, and became lethargic and was obviously feeling quite bad. We took her in to the emergency vet and she had an abscess, and they had to drain a bunch of fluid and put her on antibiotics and keep her overnight. It was so scary!

She made a swift recovery after that and is sitting here next to me as I type this. May Timon recover just as speedily and fully.

5 Likes

Timon is recovering well. He was a little more energetic today. Ate normally and everything. He had a x-ray and an ultrassound scan. The blood, poop and urine tests will be ready tomorrow. He also has an appointment with a cardiologist, just to make sure. I’m glad i have him on a pet health insurance otherwise i’d be toasted forever.

Look how happy he looks:

15 Likes

What a beautiful smiling face!

3 Likes

Time for trazadone and thunder jackets. Hope everyone’s pups are doing okay today!

4 Likes

not a fan of the mode of transportation, but a very big fan of the beard

8 Likes

My ex is a vet, if traz or benzos don’t work for your dog, sileo seems to work great

2 Likes

Timon is back home. No official diagnostic yet, but they suspect a neoplasm (tumor) in the torax or a infection. We are hoping for the later, but let’s see the results first. Pumba growled at Timon so we’re keeping them apart for now, at least until they become cool again. I think it might be a different smell issue. The health insurance did kept the debt lower but boy it is expensive. Just paid a ton of money :( and there’s more to come.

All things aside, Timon is feeling a little better. The drain worked really well. The pneumologist drained like, 2.5 liters today alone. Now he needs to take some meds and wait for the results

8 Likes

We got the dogs a salad bar (they like grass)

12 Likes

Is that planted just for them? Mine is always eating grass like that in the wild.

well originally it was a tray in our herb garden, but we neglected that one and it filled with grass. so now it’s just for them, and we’re reseeding and watering it so grass grows regularly.

1 Like

The xray came back. Most likely not a tumor! the vets think maybe a pneumonia or a infecction. We’re ressocializing Pumba with him, it’s better than yesterday but not 100% normal yet.
Let’s get this baby recovered!

13 Likes

Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King | Disney sidekicks, Timon and pumbaa, Lion king timon

5 Likes

I’m going to try and not abuse the limits of posting my dog in this thread but it’s going to be hard. He’s half teacup skinwalker and half eraserhead baby.

11 Likes

I’m always ready to look at a chihuahua

6 Likes

11 Likes

we adopted the little one on the right yesterday. still integrating but she’s a sweetheart!

15 Likes

gettin there!

13 Likes

Those guys are very cute

3 Likes

12 Likes

some fine looking hounds!

after a week, i’ve decided that having two dogs is amazing and i don’t know why i waited this long

5 Likes