DRAGON QUEST AND ADOLESCENCE

Happy 35th Anniversary to my favorite JRPG series of all time. I wrote this in 2019 about how Dragon Quest influenced me during my formative years.

https://t.co/iGkzxwUDWT

I also got a Nintendo 64 when I was about 5 or 6. by 2009 I was living in a car with my father so DSi was one I skipped, but I had a DS lite with a flash cart to play whatever I wanted by then too. Our generation was a good time to be a Dragon Quest fan. I had experienced DW1-2, DWIII, and DWM on GBC before I picked up DQ8.

Seeing your single screenshot of DQ8 is the most I‘ve seen of DQ8 since starting DQ11, and I’m reminded how much more I enjoy the graphical style of DQ8 at this point….

I also worked at wal-mart in 2012. We are probably the exact same age, lol.

What is in Horii Yuji's onstage bottle….

@Gaagaagiins#31613 it's gotta be matcha!

VIII was the first dq I played (apart from like 15 confused minutes of dragon warrior as a 6 year old)

I like your articles, you should join in on the discussion threads here too if you have the time

@Privately_Attack#31584 This was a great read, and as someone who only got “into” rpgs in the past two-ish years it really shows me how these things connect. It makes me think about the throughlines in my own life, and you connected yours beautifully through the square enix games alongside it. I look forward to reading more from you!

I’m just going to go ahead and admit that the reason I played dq VII and SMT nocturne was bc they got 5/5 on X play. Thanks morgan and adam