Ep. 195 - Knuckles' Chaotix Is For Lovers, with Jeff Gerstmann

Cyberconnectwho?

(is what I would say on the show right after someone said cyberconnect2 despite knowing exactly who they are)

It’s actually supposed to be read Cyber Connect Connect!

[size=10]would I interject abruptly, with a confidence that would fool some of you for a good five seconds.[/size]

@“chazumaru”#p38844 hey, it worked for cd rom rom

Heck yeah another great ep. @“Jaffe”#205 ’s sign off also gave me an audible chortle.

Did Jeff’s interstitial comedic grunts and gurgles remind anyone else of a certain somebody?

hehe thanks for the shoutout! one of those rare cases where i had a weird dream-idea and i happened to have the means and free time to make it a reality :stuck_out_tongue:

@“tombo”#p38861 Well I liked it!! When/if insert credit has a front page again I'll be putting it on there.

if the space jam bunny lady doesn’t count as furry then bubsy-attracted individuals are also not technically furries, if my math is correct

I am confused by what is the furry differential. Is Sonic furry? If so why is Lola not furry.

Is it because Lola is for normies?

I’m lost.

(Great episode)

@“hellomrkearns”#p38793 Here‘s all i could find. This show looks like trash and I feel bad for spending this much time ’researching'

March 19 — April 1, 2004
This week on Gamers, Matt and Kelli go back to their gamer roots where nerd-hood began. Matt shows us where all the magic started, from the first videogame system, Pong, to the evolution of The Sims. You also won't want to miss a sneak peek at the documentary, "Video Game Invasion: The History of a Global Obsession," which will soon air on GSN.

April 30— May 6, 2004
Don’t fear, gaming geeks. If you’ve missed one of this season’s slamming episodes, Matt Jones has wrapped up some of the best Gamers’ moments in this week’s action-packed episode. But first Matt grades two video games for you to master over the summer months, “007 Everything or Nothing” for the PlayStation 2 and “Ninja Gaiden” for the Xbox.

Volume 5 Issue 5 • October 1 – October 7, 2004
In the season premiere of Gamers, Matt is hot-tubbin, stylin' and profilin' with the creators of Leisure Suit Larry. Gamers finds out how Larry developed over the years, finally progressing into the star of the hot new game, Leisure Suit Larry – Magna Cum Laude.' Later, Matt heads out to XBOX's unveiling of its new releases XBOX2, maybe?

Volume 5 Issue 11• November 12– November 18 2004
Gamers Matt and Kelli review “NFL Streets” and “Metroid: Zero Mission.” Later, Matt reports from the EA Sports 2003 Challenge in Las Vegas where Regional and National champions compete for the grand prize of $50,000! In this week’s Geared-Up segment, Game Gear Girl Holly King introduces Intel's new Racing Wheel.

Volume 6 Issue 1 • January 14 - January 20, 2005
Gamer Matt Jones attends the 2004 Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, and reports on the event from the steamy Gamer Bungalow hot tub. Don't miss previews of some of the most anticipated new titles like "Mercenaries" and "Def Jam Fight for New York," as well as a sneak peek at upcoming gaming gear, like the new PlayStation Portable.

Volume 6 Issue 12• April 8- April 21, 2005
Join Matt Jones for reviews of EA's "Oddworld Stranger's Wrath," Capcom's "Resident Evil 4," Nintendo's "Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap," and Sony's much anticipated "Gran Turismo 4." Later, Gamers takes a peek at Vivendi Universal's Pre-E3 event and Gamers' Gear Girl introduces the new Gemini Freak Controllers for Xbox and PS2.

Volume 6 Issue 13• April 22- May 5, 2005
Join Matt Jones for a special preview of Vivendi-Universal's "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and reviews of EA Sports' "Fight Night Round 2," Eidos' "Project: Snowblind," and Capcom's "Devil May Cry 3." Later, Gamers' Gear Girl demonstrates the Mad Catz Beat Pad Pro. And check out "Mario Advance" for Game Boy Advance on this week's Games 2 Go.

Volume 7 Issue 3•September 16- September 21, 2005
Join Matt Jones for reviews of Nintendo's new "StarFox Assault," EA's gritty "FIFA Street," and Ubisoft's "Brothers in Arms." Later, Matt checks out the Acme Game Store, a new boutique-style videogame shop catering to the Hollywood elite, and Gamers' sexy new Gear Girl, Bonnie Masoner, demonstrates the new MS-1 Yamaha Motorsport Controller.

Volume 7 Issue 11- November 11- November 17, 2005
"Gamers host Matt Jones reviews hot new videogames like ""Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves,"" ""Kirby Canvas Curse,"" ""Batman Begins,"" ""187 Ride or Die,"" and ""Genji: Dawn of the Samurai."" Then, Matt celebrates the 20th
anniversary of the original Nintendo Entertainment System by visiting Charles Martinet, the one and only voice of Mario, the world's most famous Italian plumber."

Volume 7 Issue 12• November 18– December 1, 2005
Join Gamers host Matt Jones for reviews of “Halo 2: Limited Edition,” “Psychonauts,” “Ninja Gaiden Black,” and “Sid Meier's Pirates!” Then, meet a team of gaming girls known as the Frag Dolls at a Major League Gaming tournament, and take a behind the scenes look at Doom, the new big-screen adaptation of the game that popularized the first-person shooter genre.

Volume 7 Issue 13 • December 2– December 15, 2005
Join Gamers as they plan their strategy with games like "Battalion Wars" and "Advance Wars: Dual Strike." Then, Steven and Matt go toe to toe gang style for "The Warriors" and Matt checks out Nintendo's Wi-Fi capabilities with "Mario Kart DS." And stay tuned to Gamers as the greatest videogame website comes to life at IGN Live.

Volume 8 Issue 5 • February 13 – February 19, 2006
Join Gamers host Matt Jones for reviews of “Halo 2: Limited Edition,” “Psychonauts,” “Ninja Gaiden Black,” and “Sid Meier's Pirates!” Then, meet a team of gaming girls known as the Frag Dolls at a Major League Gaming tournament, and take a behind the scenes look at Doom, the new big-screen adaptation of the game that popularized the first-person shooter genre.

Volume 8 Issue 11 • March 27 – April 9, 2006
Gamers correspondent Steven Beacon exposes his "Used Playground" for Super Mario Strikers, Shrek SuperSlam, Ape Escape, and Animal Crossing: Wild World, while host Jonathan Meza shoots up to the Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond, Washington to explore the worlds of Chibi Robo and Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Wow this era and coverage really overlaps with my journalism career in a bizarre way

Volume 7 Issue 3 • July 16 – July 21, 2005

Gamer correspondent Brandon Sheffield exposes his “Used Playground” for Blood Gear, Metal Fighter Miku, Revolution X and a bootleg PCB of Metamoqester, while gamer host Alex Jaffe shoots up to the Gizmondo headquarters in Farnborough, Olde Hampshire to interview Moby, Sir Alex Ferguson, Peter Molyneux and the Hooters Headshots, an elite squad of gamer girls, who all happened to attend the Sticky Balls launch party.

@“exodus”#p38926 According to IMDb the first episode was September 30 2001. I'm honestly surprised it stuck around as long as it did. Apparently it was only broadcast on a tv network for college campuses? Really weird.

Funny to hear phone phreaking come up, a topic dear to my heart that nobody talks about anymore (for obvious reasons). I was a teenage phreak! This was in the mid-late 90s so it was a dying art by that stage, but there was still plenty of fun to be had. For quite a while I had a reliable method to make free phone calls anywhere in the world. I was logging into hacker/phreak BBSs overseas and pretending to be much more leet than I actually was.

I wrote a little something here, a warm and uplifting anecdote of the time I called Captain Crunch himself. Then I went and found his Wikipedia article to link here for the benefit of those not familiar with him, and to my dismay learned that a few years ago he was the subject of multiple Me Too allegations. God damn it, men. Could you not.

>

@“goonbag”#p38940 a few years ago he was the subject of multiple Me Too allegations

oh dang -- I didn't know this. Hadn't heard anything, hadn't looked him up in a very long time.

God damn it.

Can we just please be not shit? :(

@“esper”#p38723 I feel like the next smt devil survivor game could be a 90s throwback game where you summon demons by phone phreaking since the original is about homebrew DSs

As a fortunate basement owner - I agree that basements rule.

Funnily enough this episode got me to start listening to the Bombcast again

the ol’ trusty “What if it was Wario?” concept

https://twitter.com/insertcredit/status/1420745936888860672?s=21

i managed to spell jeff’s last name right everywhere *except* the title card for this. gomen

@“chazumaru”#p38929 it's too real

@"goonbag"#577 that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, I was about to be like "cool, tell that story!" and then your story got ruined by jerks. I guess that's modern life.

@"Chris_v"#729 YES PLEASE it should be that, also the person making the next devil survivor should be me

@"thebryanjzx90"#62 good, throw those dudes a bone, since they'll never be as popular as us

feel like i dodged a bullet not getting owned in that lightning round question

the ed semrad mention made me recall one of the GOAT episodes where tim suddenly shouted, "ed semrad can go ed sem-DIE"