Extremely Personal but also Positive Post

Been hoping that I would be able to make this post for a while.

Okay, here goes the extremely personal part: just over 1 year ago, my partner of almost 10 years, and who I lived with for over 5 years, was deported from Canada to the Republic of Korea. They weren't allowed to return to Canada because they were removed, and I wasn't able to go to Korea because of COVID.

...okay, time for the positive part--the reason I'm making this post is because I just found out that they're coming home. I'm going to see them for the first time in over a year, and it was only just now that we found out for sure that we're going to be together again. In fact, they're Toronto right now, and they have another flight in the morning to where I'm at.

There is a long and complicated story to all of that which probably goes without saying. A lot of it is really pretty fucking wild if I do say so myself (btw don't ever eat any products made by Live Organic in Toronto and curse their name forever), and in truth, it's not quite all over with yet. It should be fine and we should be able to put this behind us at some point, though. More importantly we finally have something to celebrate for real.

Anyway. I wanted to make this post to express my gratitude and appreciation for the community and everyone here. My time dealing with being separated from my partner and my time hanging out here has had, well, quite a lot of overlap. I started hanging out here in mid-late 2020 and my partner was deported on March 1st 2021. So I guess that's partly why I felt the need to share this, it's been a significant part of my life for a period of significance to it. For one, some of those outrageously long posts of mine were a great way to spend an afternoon with my mind preoccupied with something. I mean, they won't stop (CAN'T STOP), 'cause believe me I've been like _that_ for a while, that was just one of the many ways this community helped me get through the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Even if you didn't read any of 'em.

The best way I can express it is that this forum has been a very important respite for me. Not an escape, so much as a I place where I could have fun, talk with people I truly think are cool, and feel connected to a community. Unlike basically everywhere else in my life, though, coming here I could leave the burden of what I was going through at the door without having to explain it first. This was the sort of problem that was only ever painful and frustrating to have to explain really, because I don't like having to burden people with a problem that no one can actually meaningfully help with because they're not a border pig. It's not even like I enjoyed hiding it, which is why I wanted to let people know now... but only once I could share something GOOD for once, instead.

So, that's why I'd say this forum has been a refuge, more safe and welcoming than an escape, and more fun and engaging than just a distraction. And you're not rid of me either, I'll surely still be around quite a bit too, but if you don't see too much of me over the next little while, it's for a good reason!

So, thanks again, everyone. I hope this community keeps doing what it's been doing for a long time.

# chinga la migra forever <3

1 Like

Anyway that‘s tangentially how I found out the Dallas Fort Worth Airport has Five TGI Fridays’s

Holy fuck my partner's plane is landing in like ten minutes!!!

@“Gaagaagiins”#p66592 So happy for you!

Hell yeah love wins out

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/DEP0Lkl.jpeg]

Reunited at last!!!!!!!!!

@“Gaagaagiins”#p66596 This is great news! Well happy for you both.

nice[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/nQB9jGB.jpeg]

I‘m 33 and I’ve been fighting for 20 years straight for the same thing. I'm probably not too late, right?

[size=40]:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: [B]100 HEARTS :slight_smile:

@“Venus Emperor”#p66599 never too late bud!!!

Happy for you two!!!

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/bZ5Idbk.png]

finally some good news congrats!

@“Gaagaagiins”#p66596 Congrats! This must be a wonderful day for you.

Fantastic news! So happy for y’all! (Also, can’t post this without at least half-heartedly making the “wow @“Gaagaagiins”#429 is way smaller and hairier than I expected” joke :wink: )

Am I the only one who cried a little bit while reading this thread?

I'm so happy for you @Gaagaagiins !!

Glad things got a positive end for you. I’ve appreciated the interactions I’ve had with you, however sparse. See you round.

Hooray for love! I echo your sentiment of this place being great to engage with when you need a boost.

@"Venus Emperor"#p66599 Never too late. I found the love of my life in my 30s. Everyone has a different timeline.

glad for you buddy

Good to hear about the happy ending. Enjoy it!