Games you're thinking about playing

I just remembered that No More Heroes 3 happened. I played through the first one again about 6 years ago and truly enjoyed the gaminess of the whole thing. If i want a video game ass video game, it’s NMH3 good for that? Is it even good at all??

2 Likes

star citizen is doing some kind of free trial until 5/29 I’m going to check it out

2 Likes

Don’t you need a trust fund to play that game

1 Like

Disco Elysium is sitting in my Switch at this very moment just waiting for me to finish Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and forget that I wanted to start Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness for the planned Cynthiaquest (basically a ribbon quest, get as many ribbons on Pokémon as possible, but only use Pokémon from Cynthia’s team in Platinum).

I have little idea of what Disco Elysium even plays like, only that it has a lot of words and I want Kim’s jacket.

3 Likes

I’m putting money down that Star Citizen will evolve from a game into some global paramilitary organization similar to MGS’s Outer Heaven by 2050 or something.

7 Likes

I found that the games sadly go south after the first one but that doesn’t seem like the typical opinion (and I also hold the heretical belief that Travis Strikes Again is Good Actually).

For me the joke of the first game was only really interesting for that first game, and Grasshopper I think lost the thread after the first game and especially for the third game.

Also the series is rather garbage for its woman characters, in particular the third game.

2 Likes

Hard agree with this. They immediately lost sight of what made NMH funny and cool. I left the series alone after 2.

2 Likes

Thinking of starting a new Elden Ring playthrough in preparation of the DLC. I’m trying to think what build to go with. Newbie fell into Intelligence and magic since I was a Souls baby. Now having loved Bloodborne and Dark Souls I’m considering a STR/INT Bloodborne inspired build or STR/Dex build like I rocked in Dark Souls (Samurai looks neat).

1 Like

i just started a new run last night! picking what build to do is always hard for me lol. in the end i decided on an arcane build because i want to use the dragon spells and occult infusion will scale almost any weapon to arcane. i then looked up a tutorial on how to make my character look like kazuma kiryu so i can be the dragon of limgrave.

str/dex is a cool build. pure strength is cool too especially if you use something like the nightrider glaive.

2 Likes

I’m kinda thinking I might give Baten Kaitos 1 another try! I enjoyed my time with it last year when the remaster came out, but for some reason that I can’t remember I stopped playing, and I haven’t been back to it. Which is weird, because I have generally good opinions of it? Anyway we’ll see.

I was feeling a little crappy about games lately because I got extremely irritated with Animal Well’s end game so this should be a nice palate cleanser! Lol it’s either that or endlessly and mindlessly play Picross (not to dunk on Picross of course)!

3 Likes

I’m thinking about playing animal well, so that’s an interesting thing to hear!

You’ll probably enjoy it! I did, at least until a few later in the game things started bugging me, but I had quite a bit of fun prior to that, and I haven’t been back to it. So it’s probably a ‘me’ thing, not a problem with the game itself.

2 Likes

now that I realize it has its DNA in Kingdom Hearts, I’m thinking about Threads of Fate a lot more.

3 Likes

Anyone here every played Hellnight / Dark Messiah ? Looks pretty weird and creepy , I kinda wanna give it a shot

2 Likes

I don’t have much CRPG experience to fall back on nostalgia but Skald just released and it looks really neat. I just finished a JRPG and am starting a new Elden Ring so not sure I can personally handle juggling it at the moment but, soon. Or this weekend while away from the Elden Ring machine…

3 Likes

yeah it seems cool

1 Like

I should give that game a shot. I had it on a demo disc as a kid and liked it fairly well. I probably had more spending money than most other non-rich kids at the time from doing farm work, but my wallet still couldn’t keep up with Squaresoft back in 2000. They kept dropping banger after banger on me nonstop.

Has anyone smoked this? It looks rad. I can’t believe it is 6 years old.

I had no idea this existed.
Do you get to play as an ape?
Pretty cool, if so.

I’ve been thinking a whole lot about Robot Alchemic Drive since I started my ps2 up again the other day.
Too many cool ps2 games.

3 Likes

Thinking of returning to Solar Ash this weekend. I only put about an hour in when it came out in 2021. That game has a great atmosphere and control scheme but the speed-based challenges and dizzying Mario Galaxy gravity aspect didn’t quite click for me at the time. I put it down with the intent to come back when I was ready to focus on it. After having a good time with Forspoken, I think I’m ready to really appreciate another 3D open world parkour game.

I also want to check out Sonic Frontier for the same reason.

My hope is these games could also be a bridge to eventually get into Gravity Rush, another game that I only put an hour or two into before deciding I wasn’t ready to commit to trying to master it.

1 Like