Guess the Last Smash Bros Character

Let‘s find out which of us has the gift of prophecy. Everyone who reads this thread gets ONE (1) guess for who the last character in the Smash Bros DLC is going to be, so use it wisely. Maybe we’ll give a prize to whoever gets it right, I dunno. I didn‘t talk this over with @“exodus”#3. Can we do that? Maybe some kind of special color for their name or something? Some silly little thing in the mail? We’ll figure it out.

If you want, I guess you could make more than one prediction, but for the purposes of prizewinning only your first choice counts. Anyway, GO

It would probably be a tragedy but I think Nintendo will finally succumb to the masses and throw that waluigi guy into the smash blender

Kazuma Kiryu

dang this is tough

My answer: Dixie Kong (Cranky Kong is a good second though)

My hope: some lemmings from lemmings

My half-expectation: sakurai himself

My slightly cynical answer is this guy:

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/Eveh8b2.png]

...from _Metroid Dread._

It feels cynical because as cool as this guy is, the timing being so close to the release of _Metroid Dread_ makes me feel that the final Smash character is a good time to advertise. There's also a dearth of _Metroid_ characters in Smash, 3 out of the 4 Metroid characters are just different versions of Samus after all.

This guy seems like he'd be cool but I'm stuck on how they are going to refer to him. Is this The Chozo? The flaw in this guess is that they're purposefully just not all that well defined as a character in the game they're in, hopefully because the game will have interesting things with them. But it's a cool looking character so I'll stick with it as a bit of a mid-left field pick.

https://youtu.be/eLuzbe8QAuY

Clarice from City Connection naturally [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/PGEYcKV.jpeg]

@“Gaagaagiins”#p44556 I thought them advertising Metroid Dread was likely initially, but I think Nintendo is smart enough to know it would be somewhat unsatisfying

It's Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. Okay, sure, I said that the last ten times they revealed a character and I was wrong then, but THIS time…

https://twitter.com/EsperControl/status/1441475004076486659?s=20

It's gotta be Tails, man.

Though I am perversely hoping for a troll character like Piranha Plant to cap everything off

The last smash character will be Masahiro Sakurai

I’m going with Geno from Super Mario RPG, for the true Smash Dream Rosterheads

@“GigaSlime”#p44565 We‘ve been discussing this at home and my son and I both agreed that it should be Sakurai, even if only to immortalise him in a series he’s clearly worked so hard on for so long. If I could pick anyone just for myself…. Katamari‘s Prince would be fun, or one of Monster Hunter’s Palicos. Much as I feel I should be saying “STARS costume Albert Wesker” I don't think I really want another “serious” realistically(ish) proportioned human, I just want to have a bit of fun.

@“Jaffe”#p44552 i‘ll reason this out exhaustively: it’ll be from an n64 or genesis game to tie in with the update to their onli–

ah whatever! it'll be waluigi.

should be hornet from fighters megamix.

https://twitter.com/PCEngineSongBot/status/1377624540830781440?s=20

She has that bomb for final smash via Bombergirl
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/7CEVvMb.jpeg]

And already in Super Bomberman R
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/Iu6b7zu.png]

So why not Smash!!!
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/Dftpryv.png]

>

@“NoJoTo”#p44560 I think Nintendo is smart enough to know it would be somewhat unsatisfying

You're very generous

>

@“QuenchGrust”#p44564 Piranha Plant

[Already in the game](https://www.ssbwiki.com/Piranha_Plant_(SSBU)).

I think it’s gonna be another animé guy with sword. This is the lazy answer but it’s the right one.

My dark horse is Toad.

Jaffe’s being cute about it, but he knows it’s him.

Final Smash

“And now it’s time to take (Ganondorf, Piranha Plant, Isabelle) to _The Improv Zone_!!”