Help me check this list I made twice

I took this down intending to pare the list to only what I find interesting but it was too much work lol lmao airhorn

I have access to a joint video game collection I share with a sibling who told me to take whatever I want from it, and I've mostly done that. What's left is either stuff I've already played, stuff I don't want (or am cool on but would like to grab if I had room for it), and stuff I don't know enough about to make an informed decision. I have catalogued these games in the list below.

I thought I'd run the list by this big group for input because it's got some stuff in it I'm really not familiar with. Like, does anything jump out as something that shouldn't be overlooked? I thought it could be fun and more meaningful to get wildly biased opinions from people I interact with than wade through search results one game at a time.

Also I don't have infinite room where I live so "take everything" isn't an option.

(PS please bear with me as I work out any formatting bugs since you don't get a preview when composing threads.)

~\ LEGEND //~
- = standard NA release
+ = greatest hits, player’s choice, platinum etc.
○ = JP
() = loose cart or disc
bold = “black” carts (GB and GBC compatible)
underlined = GBC only
struckthrough = grabbed

#### G**B**/[u]C[/u]

\- ([u]Dragon Warrior III[/u])
\- (Final Fantasy Adventure)
\- (The Final Fantasy Legend)
\- (Final Fantasy Legend II)
\- (Final Fantasy Legend III)
\- ([u]Lufia: The Legend Returns[/u])
\- ([u]Super Mario Bros. Deluxe[/u])
\- (Mega Man V)
\- (~~Mole Mania~~)
\- (Pokémon Red)
\- (**Pokémon Yellow**)
\- (SolarStriker)
\- (**Tetris DX**)

#### PSX

\- Arc the Lad Collection
\- Blast Chamber
\- Breath of Fire III
\- Chocobo’s Dungeon 2
\- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
\- Dragon Warrior VII
\+ ~~Final Fantasy Tactics~~
\- ~~G Darius~~
\- ~~Jumping Flash~~
\- Jumping Flash 2
\- The Legend of Dragoon
\- Legend of Mana
\- Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
\- Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete
\+ Policenauts
\- ~~R-Type Delta~~
\- Resident Evil Director’s Cut
\+ Spyro The Dragon
\- Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage
\- Spyro: Year of the Dragon
\- Tales of Destiny
○ Tales of Phantasia
○ Tear Ring Saga
\- Wild ARMs
\- Wild ARMs 2

#### N64

\- (Blast Corps)
\- (Donkey Kong 64)
\- (Goemon’s Great Adventure)
\- (Jet Force Gemini)
\- (Pokémon Stadium)
\- (Pokémon Stadium 2)
\+ Super Mario 64
\+ (Super Smash Bros.)
\- (Star Fox 64)
\- (Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire)
\- (Yoshi’s Story)

#### PS2

\- Contra Shattered Soldier
\- Dark Cloud 2
\- Devil May Cry
\- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
\- Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
\- Final Fantasy XII Collector’s Edition
\- Gradius III and IV
\- ~~Gradius V~~
\- Radiata Stories
\+ Watchet & Cwank: Going Commando
\+ Watchet & Cwank: Up Youw Awsenaw
\- Rogue Galaxy
\- (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne) real disc in a bootleg case
\- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army
\- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon
\- ~~Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Sagas 1 & 2~~
\- Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3
\- Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES
\- Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4
\- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
\- Sly 2: Band of Thieves
\- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
\- Wild ARMs 3
\- Wild ARMs 4
\- Wild ARMs 5

#### GBA

\- ~~Advance Wars~~
\- (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)
\- (Breath of Fire)
\- (Breath of Fire 2)
\- ~~Drill Dozer~~
\- (Final Fantasy VI)
\- (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
\- Gunstar Super Heroes
\- (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror)
\- (Riviera: The Promised Land)
\- ~~Summon Night: Swordcraft Story~~
\- Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2
\- Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis
\- Yggdra Union \~We’ll never fight alone.~

#### GameCube

\- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
\- ~~Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance~~
\- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
\+ Luigi’s Mansion
\- Pikmin 2
\+ Resident Evil 4
\- Skies of Arcadia Legends
\- Super Smash Bros. Melee
\+ Tales of Symphonia

#### Xbox

\- (Far Cry Instincts)
\- Fatal Frame: Based on a True Story
\- Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, Director's Cut
\- (Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition)
\- (Need for Speed Underground 2)
\- (TMNT: Mutant Melee)
\- (Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict)

#### DS

\- Advance Wars: Dual Strike
\- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
\- Contra 4
\- Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
\- ~~Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime~~
\- Etrian Odyssey
\- Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
\- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
\- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
\- ~~Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift~~
\- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
○ Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
\- Glory of Heracles
○ Illust Logic DS + Colorful Logic
\- Infinite Space
\- Kirby: Squeak Squad
\- Kirby Super Star Ultra
\- Kirby Mass Attack
\- Knights in the Nightmare
\- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
\- New Super Mario Bros.
\- Yoshi's Island DS
\- Nostalgia
\- ~~Picross DS~~
\- ~~Picross 3D~~
\- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
\- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Sky
\- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
\- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
\- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
\- Radiant Historia
\- Rondo of Swords
○ SaGa 2 Hihō Densetsu: Goddess of Destiny
○ SaGa 3 Jikū no Hasha: Shadow or Light
\- Scurge: Hive
\- Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
\- Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
\- Trauma Center: Under the Knife
\- Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

#### 360

\- Akai Katana
\- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

#### Wii

\- A Boy and His Blob
\- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
\- ~~Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn~~
\- Geometry Wars: Galaxies
\- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
\- Little King's Story
\- Lost in Shadow
\- Super Paper Mario
\- Super Mario Galaxy
\- Super Mario Galaxy 2
\- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
\- Metroid Prime Trilogy
\- Metroid: Other M
\- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
\- Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
\- Rodea the Sky Soldier*
\- Rune Factory Frontier
\- Shiren the Wanderer
\- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
\- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
\- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
\- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
\- Trauma Center New Blood
\- Trauma Team
\- Wii Sports
\- Wii Sports Resort
\- Xenoblade Chronicles

#### Wii U

\- Rodea the Sky Soldier*
\- Star Fox Zero
\- Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

#### Burned (like, to a disc)

\- Grim Fandango (ScummVM)
○ Napple Tale (DC)

*[size=12]Share a case[/size]

I can be a greedy gremlin and would probably take too many of these as a reflexive response, but if I have to be judicious I'll say:

>

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

> Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Where to begin. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn together are a certifiably Great Game. Pretty slow to start but it's all in the service of getting used to the mechanics, which imo are pretty straightforward (some may say too simple) compared to other tactics RPGs. These games introduced (AFAIK) hanging out at a home base in between chapters with your buddies, who are fun and rewarding to talk to. Maps range in size from itty bitty to sprawling multi-chapter campaigns. There's a nice balance in the variety of missions and character classes which make the game feel deep enough but not overwhelming. You don't need to have played any other games in the series to comfortably get into this one—for real, seriously. Trust me. (same with Sacred Stones, which is easily emulated but looks pretty nice on a GBA)

Going to quote forum friend @tapevulture's [description of Suikoden II](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/422-koden-korner), which for me nicely describes these two games:
`This is one of my favorite games. It is remarkable in the way that all of the narrative action is triggered by the principal characters just reacting to one another. The game spends five (OK more like 10) hours establishing everyone’s motivations, then winds it up and just watches it go.`

Radiant Dawn has the audacity to be about several things at the same time! It never stops interrogating what the implications of its characters' actions, and has you experience the consequences of those actions in gameplay.

Trying not to over- or undersell it, but long story short if someone is handing you these games on a plate, take them. DO NOT OVERLOOK

>

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Best way to play Prime 1 and 2, so if you haven't played those and are curious, this is a good opportunity

being more impulsive:

>!>

Akai Katana

>!

I didn't know what this was but it looks cool.

>!>

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

> Wii Sports

>!

fun with friends!

>!>

Napple Tale

>!

why not

>!>

Final Fantasy XII Collector’s Edition

>!

this one's got a cool box lol

Oof… Nearly everything here is good to great, and baring the systems I have gone fully ODE something I would want in my collection. I have most everything on this list and the few things I don‘t (some of the DS games) is something I actively want to get. Ha ha! grab it all and sell of what you don’t want to this forum basically.

>

@“robinhoodie”#p94927 sell of what you don’t want to this forum

I'm hungry for those _Wild Arms_......

@“Funbil”#p94928 Nostalgia and Infinite Space are some of my last DS wishlist games.

Games that jump out to me as must plays:

Gradius 5
Akai Katana
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Mole Mania
G Darius

And then I'm a huge sucker for traditional roguelikes, but they're not everyone's cup of tea, but the Shiren games, Chocobo Dungeon 2, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team are all great if you're into that stuff

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 Watchet & Cwank: Up Youw Awsenaw

bwavo!

Jet Force Gemini is the only 100% “Must keep” in that N64 list. That game doesn‘t get enough credit for all that it did, and also it’s where Rare peaked as a developer.

There's tonnes of real good stuff here, and this selection is as pared back as I could manage whilst being happy with the list.

Blast Corps (in my opinion Rare's most interesting game through their Nintendo tenure)
Goemon's Great Adventure
Dragon Quest 8
Rogue Galaxy
Raidou Kuzunoha 1 (and 2 if you really like 1)
Persona 3 FES
Wild Arms 3 and/or 5
Skies of Arcadia: Legends, if you haven't played the Dreamcast original
Etrian Odyssey
Radiant Historia
Strange Journey
Akai Katana
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, if you like absolute nonsense

I don‘t know that I’ll feel comfortable selling anything from the pile since I share it with my brother. I really want to focus on what I should grab to play.

@"captain"#p94925 I have plucked those two FE games from the pile!

>

FFXII CE

My brother won this in a fan fiction contest so I just can't, also I have IZJS and Zodiac Age so I'm all FFXIIed up!

@"Funbil"#p94928 I've always been curious about the Wild ARMs games—are they all good?

>

@“TracyDMcGrath”#p94936 Gradius 5, Mole Mania

Yeah Gradius V's great, and Mole Mania looks great. I'm sold.

How does Tatsunoko vs Capcom play without a stick?

>

@“connrrr”#p94944 are they all good?

I think I tend to enjoy _Wild Arms_ more than most people, but the general consensus outside of my opinion is that 1, 3, and 5 are the best ones (3 being the popular favorite; my personal favorite is 1). 2 has some localization quirks that make it a little harder to appreciate, and 4 is a perfectly fine game that kind of gets overshadowed by 5 for doing similar things better. Personally, I think they're all wonderful, but it's not unlikely that between the five of them you'll find some you could take and some you could leave.

@“connrrr”#p94944 I‘d say fine but I usually play Vs. games on pad. It’s a four button game so you don't have to worry about like plinking a trigger pull or anything goofy like you might if you were playing Street Fighter 4 on a pad.

And I can‘t say enough about Mole Mania. It’s honestly one of Nintendo‘s best games, but as a late Game Boy title that hasn’t really been ported to much since it never really got the attention it deserved.

If you are looking for just stuff to play. Both of the Summon Night Swordcraft story games get my highest recommend. Grindy but fun. And an enjoyable world to hang out in with the cast

There‘s a lot I can saw about many games on this list. I’ll settle with Advance Wars.

Advance Wars is a beautifully simple strategy game made with such style and precision it hasn't quite been matched by any other game. Like Fire Emblem, there's a rock-paper-scissors core and everything else builds out from there. Unlike FE, there are no RPG elements, it is pure strategy.

COs all give their armies various advantages and disadvantages, i.e. stronger infantry, more mobile tanks, cheaper units, etc... Each also has a special power that builds up over the course of a match and using it well can turn the tide of a battle.

The map design through out the campaign rules. Maps play a huge strategic role. The game is mostly about resource management and efficiently using the resources that are available to you, which are mostly dictated by the map. It's hard to describe without just explaining every single game mechanic. The map design in the campaign does a great job of introducing each element anyway.

It has a real boardgame vibe. On top of that, the writing is punchy, the music rips, and the art is very colorful and cute (if you like Shonen style). Both the GBA games are top notch, and the DS game is good too but only if you're hungry for more.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - (Goemon’s Great Adventure)

This game is hot, a goofy side scrolling action platformer. It's hard to ignore that it's kinda better executed than the previous N64 entry in the series on a lot of levels (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, a kinda janky Zelda-lite but with a lot of charm), yet, I still like the previous game a lot more. That game is the best game I can think of with a non-ironic laugh track

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - (Jet Force Gemini)

_Jet Force Gemini_ is kinda [one of these](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/1564-games-which-are-funfunny-to-remember-occasionally-for-whatever-reason/27) for me but that might just be how much it was hyped up in like Nintendo Power and how much I didn't quite get it by the time it came out. It might be sick and underappreciated, or it might be an acquired taste, or it might have aged like milk. @"KingTubb"#730 seems to have a more definite memory/impression of it than I do, so, I'd say you at least gotta pop it in and give it a few hours to know what to do with it at this point.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Breath of Fire III

One of the best straight ahead retro style JRPGs on the platform, which is saying a lot because it's the freakin' PS1!!

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Dragon Warrior VII

Maybe worth skipping if you do want to play it but also think the 3DS Remake looks hot, I haven't played through all of the original version and as such can't fully assess if the original or the remake is the "definitive version," but I do think the 3DS Remake is really good.

(Sidenote, I feel about the same with DQVIII, but that game's 3DS version is not a ground up remake... it has some added features but it's also similar in the sense that I'm not sure which one was better. Also similar to DQVII, I can only say for sure that I played some of it on the PS2 but not all of it, and enjoyed playing the 3DS version to completion much later)

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - The Legend of Dragoon

This is, like, a "good" game for the era and highly talked about, but maybe not a great one? I haven't played it in many years so I don't know how well it holds up.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Dark Cloud 2

Dark Cloud 2 rules but it's on the PSN... might be a better way to play it at this point.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)

This game and the previous entry are great, but 2 is, like, good enough and with enough added features and content that it makes getting the previous one kinda redundant imo.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

This game rules and its main campaign is easy n' breezy. Also enjoyable but not so complicated that you might also never even feel the need to play it ever again, while still feeling like you're glad you did. idk about keeping it but if you're going to get rid of it try and play it first. That's how I feel about it anyway.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

A really Videogame Sequel kind of sequel, but a good one. Dumber narratively and thematically, but, it's more of the good game parts from the extremely good other game.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Kirby Super Star Ultra

I put _Kirby Super Star_ on our Video & Game Honor Roll. If you've never played either this or the original, the only thing wrong with this remake is that it's not on like the Switch and thus in HD and playable with a controller. It's a (hopefully currently) definitive version of an excellent game, imo. If they never make an HD version of this I will forever curse my lack of a functional DS to get and play this on.

>

@“connrrr”#p94719 - Metroid Prime Trilogy

This might be, like, hard to find? And the Wii versions of the games are pretty cool. If you got a Wii or Wii U I'd not overlook this. IDK if it will make it to the Switch or anything like that.

@“connrrr”#p94719 keeping it short:

Wild arms - it's a game I keep wanting to replay, though I guess I lost my copy at some point. The music is fantastic and the vibes are good.

Summon night sword craft story 1 and 2 - great little grindy crafty games that are good for... I don't want to say time wasting, but they're great for when you're on the phone with your parents or whatever. Flight plan was a cool company. I liked these games enough to play them on my crt with the Gameboy player.

And JUST IN CASE you haven't played a persona, get persona 3 fes, and 4. And also extra just in case you haven't played resident evil 4, I still prefer the gamecube version to the rest!

@“RubySunrise”#p94957 I'm just going to second this. Advance Wars is a great game for any occasion because you can play it either steady and heavy or just go for short sessions here and there. And, as far as strategy goes, it can be about as casual or hardcore as you want it to be.

I'll second @TracyDMcGrath on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. Maybe not quite on the level of CvS2 or MvC2 but it's still an absolute treat.

You and your sibling have a glorious collection!

limiting myself to only three…

Advance Wars and SMT: Nocturne rank among my favourite game experiences of all time, and Infinite Space is a real neat sci-fi JRPG that is as 7 out of 10 as it gets. it will be lost in the sands of time if it hasn't been already, and that's a shame. i'd say you might dig what it's trying to do, connrrr, even if you only sink an hour or two into it.

@captain has already convinced you to pick up those FE games but I‘ll add that it’s probably a lot simpler to transfer your save file over from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn when you've got physical copies + memory card!

Pokémon Stadium 2 is worth owning based on the Silver-Gold coloured cartridge factor alone.