i want to commission some art work

hello,

i am looking to commission artwork of a couple different varieties and wonder if anyone on here might have some recommendations or interest in actually doing it. the first variety looks like this:

(PS1-era "3D" environment JPEGs)
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/lo94ugf.png]
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/OIsCQuj.png]

the second variety looks like this:

("Field" character pixel art with PS1 level of detail)
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/VZXxFkI.png]
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/Ogfvf65.png]

ideally it would be a single person since the little pixel dudes will go on top of the environment JPEGs but not sure how feasible it is to find someone who does both. any recommendations would be appreciated. thanks

@“tapevulture”#p64429 I recommend going to the pixeljoint forums! we had good luck there with our earlier projects. I do suspect you're looking at two different people though, because people tend to go more toward pixel art or 3DCG… but you might get lucky and find someone who can do both.

I would advise you to get the perspective of the game sorted before anything else, because you're going to have to make sure the backgrounds and characters match up, which can be really challenging with 2D/3D combos, or even just 2D with a forced perspective. I still to this day think the perspective on the original Suikoden looks bad.
https://youtu.be/WJiVf2VfUxY?t=388

good luck!!

@“exodus”#p64432 thank you, i will look into this!!

again if someone on here is interested please get at me, funnily enough this should be a relatively small project (not a game), i am too embarrassed to say what it is though

ah, if you‘re talking ONE background and some characters, not a whole game, you’ll have a much easier time finding one person to do it I think!