Kojima Number

>

The Bacon number of an actor is the number of degrees of separation he or she has from Bacon, as defined by the game. This is an application of the Erdős number concept to the Hollywood movie industry. The higher the Bacon number, the greater the separation from Kevin Bacon the actor is.

The Kojima number of a person is the number of degrees of separation he or she has from Kojima, as defined by the game. This is an application of the Erdős number concept to the entertainment industry. The higher the Kojima number, the greater the separation from Kojima Hideo the actor/producer/director/writer/creator/designer/programmer/editor is.

I have a Kojima number of **_2._**

>

0 - Kojima Hideo

producer, designer, writer, director, and actor

`Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes`

actor

>

1 - Kiefer Sutherland

actor

`Pompeii (2014)`

background actor

>

2 - @“Gaagaagiins”#429

1 Like

I was also a background actor on Designated Survivor (2016–2019) and saw Kiefer Sutherland who came to cheer up the crowd of extras because we were shooting a scene that was set in the outdoors in the winter, but we were shooting in the summer, which, if you've ever wondered how the effect was achieved there, well, they put us in winter clothing, gave us hydration, and, well, I think some people had fans, and maybe they applied a blue color filter to it. Hollywood Magic!

I yelled SNAAAAAKE at him

>

@Pompeii (2014)

>
>

background actor

was this your part?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/dfc9cea4-137b-440f-aa8c-5a16d7cb4f4d

I‘m quite sure my number is around a 3 but it feels like figuring that out will be a pain in the butt. I’d have to do a lot of mobygames cross referencing! a project for a sleepy day if I ever get one of those. Maybe some more industrious person can figure it out for me (lol)

>

@“yeso”#p39089 @Pompeii (2014)

>
>

background actor

>
>
>
>

was this your part?

>
>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/dfc9cea4-137b-440f-aa8c-5a16d7cb4f4d

Thankfully, narratively or perhaps diegetically speaking, I was quite safe from that whole business. The scene I was in the background of was early exposition where the character played by Leading Marketable Heartthrob Kit Harrington (he's a fairly nice guy by the way) is engaging in gladiatorial combat in a remote outpost of the Roman Empire known as Londinium. Perhaps that guy was only a few generations removed from being found as a hill fort mummy, whose potential overlapping of their _petit mort_ and _grand mort_ would be difficult to discern by modern day archaeologists.

Maybe some extremely industrious/foolish person could make an Oracle of Kojima website

Best I can think of is Kojima -> Conan O'Brien -> Stephen Colbert -> Terence Tao -> baftaboo, which gives me a Kojima number of ≤4.

Interestingly, the same chain shows that Erdos has a Kojima number of ≤4.

Wait hold on… I can actually do this.

Kojima>Mads Mikkelsen(Death Stranding)>Laurence Fishburne (Hannibal)>Keanu Reeves (The Matrix)> Suzanne Whang(Constantine)>My Mom(House Hunters on HGTV)> Creekgrin (real life, or, if you prefer, House Hunters)

Which I guess gives me a Kojima number of 6.

Well let‘s see, I gave a talk at this year’s GDC where Brandon Sheffield also gave a talk, Brandon gave a talk at last year‘s GDC where Kojima gave a talk, so I guess my Kojima number is 2? That’s weird to think about.

@“Creekgrin”#p39695 I believe you can shorten this! Tilda Swinton was in Constantine and Dr Strange and Mads Mikkelsen was in Dr Strange, so we're looking at an Erdos number of ≤5

@“baftaboo”#p39704 I missed that connection! Man I‘ve seen that movie, too. Should’ve checked a few more imdb's.

My Kojima number is also kind of surprisingly low:

Kojima>Guillermo del Toro (P.T.)>Omar Yñigo (Local movie director who was an extra in Pans Labyrinth)> Me, I took a writing class with Omar Yñigo once

So my Kojima number is 3!

And now that I think about it I have like 5 more paths involving guillermo del toro and kojima, that's weird!

it took me a while but

in Death Stranding Hideo Kojima directed actress Lindsey Wager who featured as "Irene" in the 1981 film "Nighthawks" which also featured Billy Dee Williams as "Matthew Fox." Williams appeared alongside basketball player Vlade Divac in the film "Driving Me Crazy" (as "Yugo Boss"), who also appeared as himself in Space Jam with Michael Jordan, who appeared in forgotten saturday morning cartoon "ProStars" with Bo Jackson who played for the Chicago White Sox in 1991. Jackson played with gold glove winning shortstop and Ozzie Guillen, who was also with the team in 1987, as was second baseman Jack Perconte, who ran a baseball camp in suburban illinois in 1999 which I attended. So I think that means my # is 7

I was in a band with Ryan Gonzalez. Gonzalez was an extra on the show Hand of God with Ron Pearlman. Pearlman played Hellboy. Hellboy was directed by Guillermo del Toro who worked with Kojima on PT. Think that's a 4 for me.

@“穴”#p39711 small correction, that'd be a Kojima Number of 3. Kojima is 0, del Toro is 1, Yñigo is 2, and that makes you 3!

@“Gaagaagiins”#p39738 oops! I forgot to count myself

I got retweeted by Kojima once. Does that count as a 1?

All right, all right

the jig is up

I am Hideo Kojima[size=10]*[/size] -

[size=10]*||four degrees removed||
[size=10]||Kojima > actor Nicolas Winding Refn (Death Stranding) > actor Ryan Gosling (Drive) > set PA Dave J. (Blue Valentine) > unpaid laborer Captain (Supermoto)||

@“captain”#p39742 Seeing as I never look at the finer details of Kojima's games too hard, thank you for all of your wonderful games Mr. Kojima

@“Gaagaagiins”#p50932 I love you … Gaagaagiins