Kojima Number

@“captain”#p50936 I didn't watch The Game Awards that year but yes you were speaking to me

Oh I figured mine out

I‘ve gone to see Kevin Smith talk and met him afterwards. He directed Rosario Dawson in Clerks 2. She was in the Lego Batman Movie 2 with Conan O’Brien. Conan O‘Brien was in Death Stranding. So 4, which is much lower than I’d have thought

There might be some way to optimize this, but I think I might be at least a 4:

0 - Hideo Kojima

has appeared on The Game Awards and is a known associate of

1 - Geoff Keighley

who [apparently](https://whatsondisneyplus.com/muppets-haunted-mansions-singing-bust-celebrity-cameos-revealed/) appeared as a singing bust in the Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+ along with, of course,

2 - Kermit the Frog

who made an appearance in the [music video for Keep Fishin'](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIsYA1QDuk) along with Weezer frontman

3 - Rivers Cuomo

who once took a history course with

4 - yours truly

Oh sweet, I'm a 2

0 - Hideo Kojima, who made Death Stranding, which stars

1 - Norman Reedus, who also played Lewis Payne in Robert Redford's The Conspirator, which features

2 - Me, as a background extra! I'm a random Union soldier in the scene where they bring Lincoln's body out of the theater

0 - Hideo Kojima

1 - Guillermo Del Toro who directed The Shape of Water, which had it’s North American Premiere at the Telluride Film Festival.

• 1. A. Mads Mikkelsen who also attended the Telluride Film festival and was featured by the festival in 2012 for his film The Hunt. He bummed a cigarette from one of my intern buddies and we talked with him for a few mins. He was super chill.
  • 2 - Me(?!!) I met GDT at Telluride in 2017, due to having a history with the festival as an intern and employee, gave me some special access when I attended in 2017.

• 2. A. Still me, but via Mads instead, who was the major character in Death Stranding.
  • I kind of wish I had some more interesting connection via a game dev or something but even as a software person, I work in such a weird industry I don’t know if a connection would ever surface like that.

Only counting professional connections:

Hideo Kojima co-wrote the Snatcher radio drama with Goichi Suda, who worked with tim rogers at Grasshopper, who works with me. 3!

0 - Kojima

1 - Mads was in the 2004 film King Arthur with…

2 - A guy from my school who was an extra in one scene

3 - Me

I expected this to be much higher.

Mine is probably boring but maybe doesn’t count cause I don’t know the specifics

Kojima
    GDC - someone involved
    GDC Europe - someone involved overall
    Me - went to GDC Europe 2010 and talked to a whole lot of people and went to a bunch of the more niche workshops etc

So 3-ish?

@“Jaffe”#p51449 did tim rogers not once upon a time conduct a professional interview with Hideo Kojima? Does that bring you to 2?

>

@“captain”#p51544 did tim rogers not once upon a time conduct a professional interview with Hideo Kojima? Does that bring you to 2?

I would say an interview is more of a work produced upon a subject. It's co-operative but not necessarily collaborative.

OK, there's probably a few ways to do this, but:

I'm in Red Dead Redemption (voice of 'Bert Venter') with David Forseth (voice of 'Local Population') > David Forseth is in Death Stranding (voice of 'Igor'), directed by Hideo Kojima

0 - Kojima

producer, designer, writer, director, and actor

MGS V: The Phantom Pain

1 - Laura Branigan (singer)
    Her single _Gloria_ is featured in MGS V as a cassette tape
    Sings _Hot Night_ on the soundtrack of _Ghostbusters_ (1984)

2 - Ray Parker Jr.
    Wrote and performed _Ghostbusters_ theme song

3- BluntForceMama
    Performed Ghostbusters theme live with Ray Parker Jr. (Edit: On Halloween!)
    Don't laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAf-c41_7QE

@“BluntForceMama”#p63068 Can I laugh if it's just sort of a joyous bark at how cool that is and how cool that makes you, and is absolutely not laughing at you?

But uh, maybe I've misunderstood the 6°-of meme all this time? Do I have to have collaborated with someone to form a chain?

>

@“connrrr”#p63094 But uh, maybe I’ve misunderstood the 6°-of meme all this time? Do I have to have collaborated with someone to form a chain?

By the strict rules of Bacon Numbers, Erdős Numbers, etc., yes, it's only a degree of separation through collaboration on a distinct project.

By the rules of posting on a forum, I say you should go with whatever allows you to participate first (because I'm not a goddamn Narc), whatever gives the most interesting answer second, and then whatever is most within the spirit of Bacon/Erdős/Bacon-Erdős numbers third.

For instance, I'd probably put Suda Goichi in between Tim and Kojima, as Jaffe did.

@“Gaagaagiins”#p63083

If you think it‘s cool then I’m happy.

I have to watch through my fingers. I think that‘s normal marching band shame though.

Thank god I’m not featured in a dancing zoom-in. (pretty sure)

I have had to play Thriller (and do the dance) in TWO distinct marching bands.

>

@“BluntForceMama”#p63113 If you think it’s cool then I’m happy.

I found playing marches in a concert band format difficult enough already. This kind of highly co-ordinated marching band stuff looks nearly impossible to me! So it easily qualifies as cool to me for that alone.

Also that everyone is wearing a costume and there is a Z-list celebrity involved is choice

@“BluntForceMama”#p63068 this is excellent. The Twilight Zone theme really got me. I only did high school marching band, and we just had our ~ 10 minutes show that we marched too

I think I've got several. One is legit, the others are stupid and tenuous.

Legit:

Kojima - 0
    Shinta Nojiri - 1
    Unnamed designer that worked on NeverDead that I also worked with on another game - 2
    Me - 3

Stupid and tenuous:

Kojima - 0
    Tim Rogers who I once played Shadowrun 360 with - 1
    Me - 2

Kojima - 0
    Suda 51 (Sdatcher) - 1
    Me (I recorded a video message for Suda that he watched on a livestream on the launch of NMH3) - 2

@“Chopemon”#p63358 I think the Tim connection works, not stupid OR tenuous!