Let's share some game music

This (what I assume is a ) Brain Training-like has music that sounds like it is a lost Silent Hill track.

8 Likes

I might use this as background music for the sanctuary next time I’m GMing TTRPG night… I really hope someone asks what it is so that I get to blithely utter the words ”Christiane Stengers Gedächtnis-Coach”.

I wonder if the composer (Christiane Stenger, I can only assume) had recently watched Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. It sound suspiciously similar in parts (especially the melody that starts at 0:55 in the latter).

5 Likes

Agreed, suspiciously similar!

Here’s one from me, totally unexpected d’n’b infused with traditional Japanese instruments.

5 Likes

I’m the same vibe is the music from the 3DS “Hanafuda” theme

3 Likes

Absolutely melting at the solos in this

4 Likes
3 Likes

woof, i’ve got lots to catch up on in this thread.

2 Likes

i don’t know if both games are related, but you reminded me of Switchball which also has a nice soundtrack

3 Likes

i was curious so i did a little digging and, though i couldn’t find a relationship, i did find that the sound designer for ballance collaborated with einsturzende neubauten earlier in her career.

2 Likes

Was recommended this page by a friend: https://chiptune.app/browse Amazing collection of tunes there and sound very authentic!

beautiful looking website too

1 Like
2 Likes

pretty cool playlist

2 Likes

damn thats good

1 Like
4 Likes

This is probably pretty well known here, but I love this song sm from the Forever Kingdom soundtrack.

It reminds me a lot of Animal Collective’s sung tongs

5 Likes

6 Likes
4 Likes

I want to make a playlist of eclectic / classic VGM, mostly FM ish synth chiptunes that will sound good out of my JBL clip on max volume while riding my bicycle. Not annoying, not too on the nose (I.e. overplayed). Tough though. Thinking like, Neo Turf Masters, but that’s a little off. Sold am is kinda spot on. I’m playing max Demarco instead haha

Guess I shoulda posted this here :crazy_face:
Heard this on a Dreamcast playlist on Spotify. Want to make a playlist of really good Game Over Music. Anyone got any recs??

This song is too good tho.

2 Likes
2 Likes