Monthly Game Club - Nominations & Meta Discussion

I hope November's game is Batrider.

how do folks feel about night in the woods? i like it as a fall game, and it lowkey has a bonus of pissing off every dumb gater out there that wants to blame zoe quinn whenever they stub their toe

(it‘s also a really cool indie game if anyone hasn’t played it)

@“IrishNinja”#p138597 I think I have it installed and haven’t played it.

I nominate La Mulana pc freeware version, for whenever we want something like that.

But I’m down for night in the woods. I’ve avoided it thus far and could use an excuse to do it. But is it a whole monthlong endeavor?

@“IrishNinja”#p138597 good idea! I'm all for it, been meaning to play nitw forever

I would appreciate peer pressure to spend a Night in the Woods.

Did anyone else have something planned for January’s thread? I don't mind setting it up it if not. Just thought I’d ask first

Edit: oops nevermind lol

I'll be handling it for the short to midterm until Brett takes it back. Still using the submission form at the top of this thread if anyone wants to submit anything

I’m hyper fixated on Mega Man Legends 2 right now, after resurrecting the April 2023 game club thread with thoughts from 100%’ing the first game.

Going to be annoying again and say it here that it’d be a shame if someone who played and enjoyed MML1 overlooked the sequel. It may be the epitome of PlayStation 1 games??

Anyways I submitted it

Something that might be fun is to pick a game on Fightcade and play some matches with each other over the course of a month. Couldn't say what would be the right game to pick, though.

@“Mnemogenic”#p147534 Please

Boy howdy, that would be fun. I recommend Ninja Master's

I also need to figure out what the heck is wrong with my PC so I can participate!

I recuse my Mega Man Legends II nomination.

Since Linda^3 Again just got an English translation and I presume a lot of people on this forum will play it in the following month… what if we make it the game for february???

@“穴”#p150943 I concur! I just got on this thread to post this same query lol

Linda Cube: great idea. My only nitpick would be it has a strong Christmas theme so maybe you’d want to lock it as this year’s Christmas/December game instead! But I’d understand if people did not want to wait that long when they finally have a chance to play it.

_____

It’s a bit far ahead but I’d like to nominate **Metal Gear Solid 3** for the month of November 2024, for its 20th Anniversary (Nov.17, 2004). Whichever version would be welcomed, of course: Snake Eater, Subsistence, MGS3D, HD Remaster… Maybe, by then, we’ll even have MGS Delta playable!

Reasoning: we haven’t had a Monthly Kojima game yet (right?), MGS3 is available and purchasable as a standalone game on all modern platforms again, and the game is [getting more topical](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/772-the-metal-gear-megathread/309) with the [recent Kojima news.](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/3053-extra-extra-gamer-news-in-2024-ad/120)

By the way, @"Brett"#1504 ’s opening post has stopped updating the list of monthly threads after Shining Force II (understandably the peak of this forum’s contribution to modern pop culture, but still).

@“穴”#p150943 YES PLEASE

>

@“◉◉maru”#p150990 By the way, @Brett ’s opening post has stopped updating the list of monthly threads after Shining Force II (understandably the peak of this forum’s contribution to modern pop culture, but still).

I'll update it! Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: done!

>

@“◉◉maru”#p150990 It’s a bit far ahead but I’d like to nominate Metal Gear Solid 3 for the month of November 2024, for its 20th Anniversary (Nov.17, 2004). Whichever version would be welcomed, of course: Snake Eater, Subsistence, MGS3D, HD Remaster… Maybe, by then, we’ll even have MGS Delta playable!

Down for this if only so I have an excuse to boot up the 3DS version again

For the sake of fairness I have been picking the last picks out of a hat as it were to give everyone‘s submissions an equal chance of being picked for a given month. We can move towards a more coordinated structure that picks specific and relevant games for specific months, but I think that might get unweildy fast and if conflicting ideas arise I’m not sure how they get resolved.

@“TracyDMcGrath”#p151123 the first 2-4 people to nominate a game for a month get their picks put in a poll, with the highest voted one being chosen? i‘m not sure how you’d get through the other games in the queue that way, though…