Show me videogame food/drink

Depictions of food in games has always fascinated me. Let’s see your favorites!

Bring out your wall ham…

…your trash apples…

Streets of Rage 2

…your photorealistic french fries…

…and your fluid dynamic beverages!

Pikmin 3

What have you got? I’m hungry!

7 Likes

Also, apologize if this has already been done. I didn’t see a thread exactly like this in the search results, but I am not great at using the search tool.

When characters replenish their health by picking up a heart, is that depicting them consuming the hearts of their fallen enemies?

What do first-aid kits taste like?

1 Like

Rune Factory is by far my favourite:

Muramasa the Demon Blade - You gotta see it in motion for the full effect:

Fighting Foodons

Shovel Knight Arby’s DLC
Shovel_Knight_x_Arbys_Announcement_Trailer

Disaster Day of Crisis

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Entire wheel of cheese my beloved

Harvestella

Can’t wait to see what everyone else posts! I like video game food more than real food xD

5 Likes

Oh wow, those Harvestella drawings are so beautiful!

1 Like

Yeah, it was so hard to pick! You can see the lot on the wiki: Category:Recipes & Meals/Drinks | Harvestella Wiki | Fandom

2 Likes

Excuse me. I know what I’ll be looking at for the next hour.

1 Like

I like how Odin Sphere has different eating animations using appropriate cutlery per dish.

5 Likes

I think you chose some of the best ones. That cup of tea is absolutely stunning.

I also really love these:

And why is this ginger root looking so sassy?

4 Likes

Gonna have to check out all the vanillaware games now, I didn’t know this was something they did xD Thanks for showing us :D

@Death_Strandicoot Aww, thank you :) I love the ones you chose too, I’m glad my secret plan of showing more harvestella food is working out mwahaha

2 Likes

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has a number of foods. The Yakisoba Pan is a bit of a meme.

2 Likes

Yeah Vanillaware are somewhat notorious for their depictions of food! I haven’t played Dragon’s Crown yet and am in the middle of playing 13 Sentinels but they both are supposed to have good food in them as well!

1 Like

I understand Dragon’s Crown has an unusual amount of cheesecake.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land features Kirby forcing his coworkers to eat cake in the likeness of him eating a car.

Imagine your boss forcing you to eat a cake in the likeness of them eating a car. Psychotic behavior.

a0005135_parts_62676c1baec96 copy

The little clay renders of food from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are cute tho!

10 Likes

6 Likes

mate

MGS3_Instant_Noodles

3 Likes

I always wondered what Rikku fed Tidus in this scene:

4 Likes

:meat_on_bone:

GSwnW0z

4 Likes

“Here, try this stuff!”

Edit: Those drinking animations are so good!

3 Likes

Grandia games always have the best dinner animations

ocDi3nY

3 Likes