The Good D-Pad

These things are badass and come in a variety of styles.

https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/mod-kit-for-md-controller

I only have the Megadrive ones but they work perfectly.

It sure ain’t the switch. That d-pad suuuuucks.

One thing I want to mention is the N64 didn‘t utilize it’s big, honkin‘ d-pad enough. The gamecube shrunk it down immensely, but the gamecube had many more games that could have used a fat juicy sucker like the N64 had. Playing famicom games in Doubutsu no Mori 64, using the NES emulator on my everdrive, and of course the lil grip of n64 2D games has me feeling so comfy with that thing. It’s a shame, it may have been the comfiest Nintendo d-pad ever.

But yeah I stand with neo geo pocket, saturn, and ps1 dpads. the snes d pad is chonky and loose and good, and the dmg d-pad is also a chonker. I put my DMG d-pad into my famicom hudson bee pad. gameboy color, pocket pikachu, pokemon mini all have the same design, all have that sweet matte texture. I wish I could use my saturn pad to play genesis games.

@Syzygy#10529 whaaaaaaaaaaat impossible!!! the ps split pad gave me blisters after about an hour every single time! maybe it‘s all about what you’re used to, but it seems to me that gap is just asking to bruise up your thumb meat.

My thick beefy digits are indestructible