Theme Sale!

Hey so sometimes @Gorblax does this segment on the podcast, despite (because of?) the consternation of Frank, Brandon, and Tim.

Same idea here. I'll list some games that all have a common theme. If you guess the theme, then it's your turn and you can make up your own list, and folks will try and guess that theme! Okay? Okay.

Also, I think the What's that game!? thread seems fun, but I am totally incapable of answering those puzzlers.

I don't know if this will be more or less fun than it is on the podcast, but let's see!

Here are five games. What do they all have in common?

• - Night in the Woods: Lost Constellation
  • - Clay Fighter 63 1/3
  • - Kingdom Hearts III
  • - Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • - Super Mario 64
  • @whatsarobot#8025 Is the answer living snowmen. NitW, Clayfighter, and SM64 all involve snow men. KH3 has Olaf right?

Correct!

I, uh, made that one _super easy_ on purpose (lol).

Your turn, @robinhoodie!

Okay, what do these all have in common?

Garou Mark of the Wolves
    Dead Cells
    Dark Souls
    Resident Evil 2
    Mortal Kombat 3

@robinhoodie#8030 They all feature a bell tower?

@GigaSlime#8032 Dang! We all are making these too easy. Ha ha! I think that's part of the learning curve. I know the other guessing game eventually got harder. Your turn.

Easy can be fun!

lol I'm hoping the variety of genres here will make this slightly harder

Final Fantasy VII
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Kirby’s Epic Yarn
    Half-Life: Alyx
    Resident Evil

@GigaSlime#8035 Do they all have zombies?

Man I would love to see a cute lil' yarn zombie.

@sosadillatron#8036 @whatsarobot#8037 So would I! But nope, that's not it.

this is already like the “what's that game?” thread where i see people immediately guessing the answer and i'm like… never in a million billion years would i have thought that.

great idea for a thread! i love (watching people play) this game.

@GigaSlime#8035 they all have a spooky house or mansion of some kind?…

this is probably to vague to be what your intention was, but it does seem to be a connection between all of them!

Yeah, too vague. The connection has nothing to do with spookiness, ghosts, or ghouls of any kind

I'll give you guys a hint: The connection is something to do with music!

@GigaSlime#8050 I wanted to guess Clair de Lune, but that can't be right.

Do all of these games feature pianos that characters can play?

@whatsarobot#8051 I was really hoping that hint was gonna throw everybody off and make them try to guess soundtrack stuff!

@GigaSlime#8052 HA! Nice one. I never would have guessed without your hint, I'll tell you what.

Dang it, now I have to think up another one of these! Wasn't prepared to do two in one day.

Gimme a few minutes.

Alright I think this one will be significantly more challenging. Let's see.

What do these games all have in common?

• - Super Mario Bros. 3
  • - Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • - Lego Batman: The Videogame
  • - Madden NFL 15
  • - Crash Bandicoot
  • @whatsarobot#8058

@whatsarobot#8058 is there a reason why Madden 15 as opposed to a different Madden?