Theme Sale!

@Moon#8059 Good question. Yes! Madden 15 (released in 2014) is the only version of the Madden franchise with this particular distinction.

Is it box art related?

@billy#8061 Not at all box art related, no.

I'll give a hint (and I hope this is fair within the rules of this game):

The commonality is external to these games themselves. In other words, it's nothing that happens in-game.

*Note: If you guys think it was too soon to give a hint, please let me know.

@whatsarobot#8063 All games were later superseded by more technically advanced versions, is that it?

(Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Mario All-Stars, Crash Bandicoot Remaster Trilogy and 'next-gen' versions of Batman and Madden)

_edit: that can't be it, other Madden games have had next-gen versions..._

@billy#8065 That’s an interesting guess, and you could make the argument that it is technically true! But in the spirit of the game, no, that’s not it. Not even close, in fact, heh.

Let me know if/when another hint is required!

@whatsarobot#8067 is the link to do with personnel?

@billy#8068 No. the link is completely external.

I feel like Madden 15 and ONLY Madden 15 being on there is the big hint, but the fact two of the games don't have numbers at all makes it real hard!

Is it something to do with marketing?

@Lesmocon#8073 yes, it is! More specifically, merchandising.

THEY ALL HAD MCDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOYS

@GigaSlime#8102 Holy cow, you got it!! Nice job. Yup, that’s the answer, so it’s your turn again.

Woo! Here I go!

-Mega Man Legends
-Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards
-Bioshock Infinite
-Sleeping Dogs
-The Evil Within

is it something to do with dangerous industrial fan blades?

@yeso#8111 lol nope!

Does it have anything to do with the difficult development cycles that BioShock and Sleeping Dog famously had?

@robinhoodie#8119 nope! This is strictly to do with content in the games

I should say that Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards is the first remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. As far as I could tell from my research, the element it has in common with the other games is only present in this remake, not the original or the second remake (Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded)

is it either a) vending machine related or b) mad scientist related?

@yeso#8124 neither!