What are your favorite E rated games

Or PEGI 3 or 7. Or pre-rating system but obviously OK for a 4-year-old to watch.

Any console is fine but bonus points for PS3 generation or earlier since I've missed a lot of good shit over the years.

I noticed that for the PS2 list on the cast, nearly all the games in the final list were rated T or M, and so were most of the games nominated by listeners. (Also it seemed like most of the entries on the horror game list were rated M for some reason? Biased much??) But me & my kid have had a blast playing R-Type Final and Katamari Damacy so I'm wondering if the forums got any other kid-friendly recs for me.

P.S. these definitely don't need to be multiplayer games since my son is 4 and can't really hold a controller yet and trying to just makes him pissed off

@tapevulture#8713 So if I understand correctly you are looking for E rated games that are not necessarily aimed at children like, just regular games that your kid can watch?

• - Tearaway is pretty great, one of my Vita/PS4 favorites (not sure if it also got a PS3 release?)
  • - Puppeteer
  • - Gravity Rush
  • - Little King Story
  • - Okami
  • - Every Dragon Quest that you have access to, like VIII on the PS2
  • - Klonoa 1 and 2 and to be honest, most of the mascot stuff like Spyro, Sonic, Rayman, Ratchet, Jak and all the games in this category
  • - Ape Escape games
  • - SEGA stuff like Space Channel 5, Daytona, Outrun, Nights into Dreams etc.
  • - Puzzle games like Mr. Driller or Puzzle Bobble
  • - Jumping Flash
  • - A lot of the Level-5 games like Layton, Ni no Kuni, Dark Cloud/Chronicle...
  • - Other STG stuff like Gradius V, In the Hunt (PSX) or Harmful Park (PSX also)
  • - Phoenix Wright is pretty wacky and child friendly I think even if it deals with some crime/noir
  • - A lot LEGO games are super fun and very child friendly
  • - Tomba 1 and 2 for the PSX
  • - Kingdom Hearts could be fun with small children, although maybe too dark at some points?
  • - Musical games like Parappa, Vib Ribbon or Gitaroo Man
  • - LocoRoco and Patapon
  • Do you have access to Nintendo Systems? Because there is great stuff there too like the Kirby games, Rhythm Tengoku, Zak & Wiki and a good amount of Nintendo first party games in general.

Whoa - to many to count, but if we‘re going with fun kid friendly games that aren’t too hard to play, or are enjoyable to play together and mess around in (and ones I plan to play with my son :slight_smile:)

• - Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
  • - The Legendary Starfy (DS)
  • - Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)
  • - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch or GBC DX version)
  • - Pinball: Revenge of the Gator (GB)
  • - Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) and/or Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch)
  • - Super Monkey Ball 1+2 (GCN)
  • - Boom Blox Bash Party (Wii - use a wrist strap)
  • - Free roam vehicle games (MX vs. ATV, Test Drive Unlimited 1+2, Forza Horizon (any), The Crew 2)
  • - SSX 3, SSX, Steep (PS2 - 360 - PS4 - again more for the free roam to ride down the mountain and make big jumps)
  • - Lego City: Undercover (PS4, XO, Switch)
  • - Trials Evolution (360, PC)
  • - Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
  • - Banjo Kazooie: Nut & Bolts (Xbox One via Rare Replay)
  • - Portal 2 (PC)
  • - Snake Pass (PS4, XO, PC, Switch)
  • - Toki Tori 2 (Wii U, PS4, Switch, PC)
  • - Worms Armageddon (N64, PS1, PC, DC)
  • - Pilotwings 64 (N64)
  • - Bit.Trip Runner (Everything past PS2)
  • While I wouldn't say the Just Cause games really belong here due to the violence, if I had them as an 8-10 year old I would have had a blast.

i love it guys, thank u~

@copySave#8730 This is a great list! My nephews also love free roaming driving games, they can spend hours and hours crashing into stuff in Burnout Paradise without doing a single race.

@JoJoestar#8755 Big shout to your nephews because, same.

Thanks again for these recs, here's a list of stuff I made to check out based on availability and what my son likes~

Puppeteer
    Little King's Story
    Jak 1
    Rayman 2
    Spyro Reignited
    Ape Escape 1
    Jumping Flash
    Gradius III and IV for PS2
    LEGO City Undercover
    Tomba
    Rez
    Rhythm Heaven Fever
    Yoshi's Woolly World
    Super Monkey Ball
    Boom Blox Bash Party
    SSX 3
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Snake Pass
    Wave Race 64
    Runner3
    Sayonara Wild Hearts

@tapevulture#8840 Great selection, hope your son enjoys at least some of those :slight_smile:

@tapevulture#8840 One additional entry from me is LocoRoco 1+2 on the PS4. Lots of bouncy fun with catchy songs!

Edit: Just noticed JoJo called this is the first reply, so yes - double approval!

I generally hate Disney but World of Illusion on Genesis/MD is perfection to play with kids

@Fishie#8889 the graphics are good. i'll check it out

@tapevulture#8932 It is the co op multiplayer that really shines and makes it ideal to play with kids

Another couple of good games to play with kids is Knack 1+2. Player 2 basically has infinite lives and the game's fun to jump around and bash enemies in. Writing is far better than most CG kids movies too

Little Big Planet is a great one too, if we get into the Knack territory.

I also really like Monster Tale on the DS, a pretty decent kids 'vania which has apparently gotten EXTREMELY expensive, lord.