What would happen to a man who played "bad" games as often as possible

>

@“Gaagaagiins”#p94938 On the basis of the crush of submissions, and for a secret reason, I am going to reduce my absolute minimum playtime to 30 minutes.

>

@“Gaagaagiins”#p94961 For the secret reason I may also not play mobile games.

>

@“Gaagaagiins”#p98851 Screenshot: For a secret reason, this portion of the rules shall be momentarily suspended

>

@“Gaagaagiins”#p98851 For a secret reason this endeavour will continue soon with Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon for the Gameboy Advanced!

To finally reveal the _secret reason_ being referred to in these posts: click below:

>!

https://youtu.be/JiI4Vwsjj-A

>! The _secret reason_ is that I decided to record me playing these games with live commentary!! I figured 30 minutes as an absolute minimum playtime was probably enough for that (and it sure was enough for these first two games).

>!

The secret sub-reason for why I might not do this for mobile games is because I don‘t know how well I will be able to do screen capture on my phone, because even if that’s simple, my current phone has a skungy charging port… if I figure out how to play and screen capture a mobile game not using a phone (desktop emulation??) or I get a new phone, we'll see.

>!

As well, the secret sub-reason for why this was not done for Spot Goes to Hollywood is also revealed in the video above!! But if you‘re not gonna watch the video it was because ||I did record it but it didn’t record the gameplay footage properly and I sure was not going to play 30 more minutes of Spot Goes to Hollywood!!||!

>!

I hope that you will enjoy watching this video more than I enjoyed playing Spot Goes To Hollywood and Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon, which is a very low bar.

@“Gaagaagiins”#p99124 I love explaining a Game Boy Advance to someone who doesn't know what a Game Boy Advance is as ||“a big purple N-Gage.”|| This is a great idea for a series! Eagerly awaiting the next, this first one was fun to hang out with

@“Gaagaagiins”#p99124 The part where your partner said “imagine playing this in the car while your parents are arguing” was extremely accurate because that is something that I probably did experience as a child lol. This game was one of the two GBA games I owned for a period of time.

Wow that Star Wars game gave me motion sickness, I can't imagine playing that in the backseat of a car.

I think it's great to you're giving these types of games an honest shot. I'd recommend checking out **Drakkhen** on SNES. With box art like this how could it possibly be bad?

[upl-image-preview url=https://i.imgur.com/oPPcGPF.jpeg]

>

@“antillese”#p94955 As a participant of this thread, I am obligated to recommend Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe, a gatcha game so bad, I uninstalled it in less than a day. I apologize in advance.

lmao same

@“Gaagaagiins”#p99124 This is such a good ||video||. I have lol'd my way through the first ten minutes so far. Brilliant idea

I‘m not sure if this is still ongoing (I haven’t read @“Gaagaagiins”#p99124‘ latest post), but just in case it is, I’m going to make a few recommendations:

• - No Rules Get Phat. I haven‘t played it myself, but from what I’ve seen of others playing it, not only is it a cludgy experience to play through, but the writing is also uncomfortably racist in that way only the early 2000s could be.
  • If you want to break away from the "it shouldn't take that much effort to acquire" rules:

• - *Catherine* (maybe *Full Body* if you *really* want to suffer). Now this one I *have* played, and I am more than comfortable putting it here as a reprehensibly awful game. Yea, there's something to the puzzle mechanics, but there's more to games than whether or not they're fun, and here, that "more" is a **staunchly** sexist narrative starring an unsympathetic and neurotic sleazebag.
  • - *Last Rebellion*. Another one I've played, but this one isn't that bad, and playing it can help elaborate on what separates a bad game from merely a boring or underdeveloped one.
  • >

@“Video Game King”#p99148 Catherine (maybe Full Body if you really want to suffer).

>

@“Video Game King”#p99148 Last Rebellion.

Going to have to skip these--unfortunately for either of them it's enough that I don't think I'll be able to emulate PS3 games successfully, but for _Catherine_ specifically, it's the first game anyone has suggested that I've actually played lol. I liked the gameplay! Key word _gameplay._

>

@“穴”#p99134 The part where your partner said “imagine playing this in the car while your parents are arguing” was extremely accurate because that is something that I probably did experience as a child lol. This game was one of the two GBA games I owned for a period of time.

That combined with that humdinger of a second level is heartbreaking to me.....

I gave myself motion sickness by watching that second level and almost couldn‘t enjoy my dinner, but my dinner was so good that I got over it. But I’m shocked you could play that for even a few seconds.

Does anybody here remember Cokémon, or at least the early days of rom hacking where there were mostly crude, politically incorrect hacks on sites like zophar’s domain? I haven’t thought about Cokémon since the fifth grade (2003) but the mention of “horrible rom hacks” in this topic jogged my memory.

@“treefroggy”#p99174 when i was a kid i can remember my dad pulled a nes romset from somewhere but didn't check the contents very carefully. turns out it was mostly those “super mario bros with dicks and tits” type sprite hacks in there lol

>

@“Gaagaagiins”#p99124 To finally reveal the secret reason being referred to in these posts: click below:

This was cool, thanks for doing this and I look forward to more

>

@“穴”#p94869 Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon for the GBA

thank you (???) for putting this upon our resident chainsaw-wielding raven, who has then via a Great Turnabout put it upon all of us

Hakaiou - King of crusher is my recommendation

@“Gaagaagiins”#p99124 I loved hearing your partner ask extremely reasonable questions about the Star Wars universe, because it's so ridiculous yet people take it so seriously.

Yeah that game looks awful. I'd probably still have played it a bunch if I were a child, though.

I got one that I feel more people need to know

It's Megaman DOS, and it has a fun story surrounding it.

See, Megaman DOS was made by a single capcom employee to practice his game development skills. He made it in his free time on a company PC.

After quitting, capcom found the game to which the employee said they can do whatever with it.

So, they did what any reasonable company would do and published it.

You can download it here: https://www.abandonwaredos.com/abandonware-game.php?abandonware=Mega+Man&gid=1376

But let's get to the fun part. How Bad Is It?

Well, the first enemy is a friendly jumping dog who will absolutely destroy you if you don't know what your doing. What's better is he has some RNG tied to his spawn and behavior, so you can't always predict exactly what he is going to do. The hitbox of the dog is large, and he moves roughly your movement speed, making him one of the most dangerous enemies in the game because he Infinately Respawns.

The movement is rough and never feels right, which makes the crippling difficult gameplay all that much worse. Large hit boxes and a very close-up camera that has bosses moving off screen only serve to frusterate and make the game inaccessible to anyone who doesn't learn important information like "walking under a platform with a mouse on it can hurt you"

It's truly among one of the worst games licensed by a now major gaming studio