yall ever seen the movie frequency

anyway wasnt time travel through am/fm radio a crazy thing. not sure i actually watched that movie but thats what i remember it being about. anyway what if there were a thread where people could ask any inane question about videogames in the hopes it could be answered. if ur…lookin for links, or translations, or weird fangames or release date info or some bull shit.

my mom loves Frequency.

incidentally, is the PS2 game of the same name any good?

@“connrr rr r rr r rr r rrr r r rrr rr rr rr r r r r r r r r r r r rrrrrr r rr r r r r rrr r r rr r r r r rr r”#p90310 I was a big fan of Frequency on PS2 as well as the follow up, Amplitude. If you like the early Guitar Hero games or rhythm games in general, it’s worth trying out. The was also a spiritual sequel on PS4 that was ok.

>

@“kowloonwalledcity”#p90308 anyway what if there were a thread where people could ask any inane question about videogames in the hopes it could be answered.

Sometimes [this thread](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/555-insert-credit-helpline) fulfills that purpose.

@“kowloonwalledcity”#p90308 there was a little toy game for the mac, i think it was before OS X but not much, so a free OS 9 “game” where there was a very simple particle emitter, i'd say it spawned particles every quarter second, though it may have been configurable. these particles were rendered as white points on a black background, and they would fall down the screen under the force of gravity. the player could draw line segments with the mouse, the first point where you clicked and the second where you released. if one of the particles crossed one of those line segments it would bounce off it elastically and make a sound. the sound volume was louder if the ball had been going faster and quieter if it had been going slower, the pitch of the sound was determined by the length of the line segment, longer lengths making deeper sounds and shorter ones making higher.

anyone know what this was called?

no not at all i wonder. that sounds like demo scene software!

@“kowloonwalledcity”#p90933 i found it on some mac shareware/freeware site i used to frequent, (which i also can't remember the name of.)