"Your Game Has Now Been Saved"

I sort of want this to come back.

I rather liked thinking each week that if I died in an accident that the next thing that would happen to me is that I would wake up listening to the end of the last insert credit podcast.

Sorry if this has been litigated already - I tried searching for it.

I do miss “your game has now been saved,” but you would have to pry “Game Over Yeaaaaah!” from my cold, dead fingers

@“goonbag”#p46615 It‘s a game over, but you don’t lose any progress because you just saved

my favorite “internet checkpoint” is the Stickerbrush Symphony youtube video where everyone in the comments sounds off on where they are in life. I listened to this A Lot during a very stressful job background check period before getting hired at my current job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQx91RR3Y8o

@“marlfuchs2”#p46623 I didn't know about this “internet checkpoint” thing. Can you explain it?

@“compositehiggs”#p46625 it seems like a organic internet phenomena that someone uploads a 1 hour video of relaxing SNES music from Donkey Kong country or Chrono Trigger, and in the process of listening commenters feel compelled to share what‘s going on in their lives, other people read these comments and join in under the shared fiction that this is a ’save‘ point. It’s interesting to read what people leave.

@“marlfuchs2”#p46638 This is an amazing phenomenon, and thank you for informing us about it!

Real ones remember when it was “podcast over yeah!”

@“marlfuchs2”#p46623

I cannot hear this song without Biggie and Craig Mack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHWelo2Jzg

I always appreciated “Your Game Has Now Been Saved” closing line but I was experiencing ludo narrative dissonance constantly Inserting Credits into a game that also needed to be saved.

@“UnparalleledDev”#p48331 This is one reason I retired it. The other is that Tim didn't like it, because it utilized passive voice.

@Jaffe Who recorded the old “podcast over yeaaaaaah!” closing?

>

@“UnparalleledDev”#p48331 I always appreciated “Your Game Has Now Been Saved” closing line but I was experiencing ludo narrative dissonance constantly Inserting Credits into a game that also needed to be saved.

>

@“Jaffe”#p48340 This is one reason I retired it. The other is that Tim didn’t like it, because it utilized passive voice.

>

I "wrote" this ludo narrative dissonance joke a few months ago.
it's been was sitting in my head since.
Then I started thinking about the existence of Neo-Geo Arcade cabinets
that need Credits Inserted AND could use memory cards for saving.
and how Insert Credits is definitely the Neo-Geo of podcasts.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/Neo-Geo-Memory-Card.jpg/180px-Neo-Geo-Memory-Card.jpg
[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/yDndONW.png]

by returning to this overly thought out joke in the back of my mind over and over,
I clearly helped manifest the change of the closing words.
I'm sorry and you're welcome everyone.

_for the record:_ I really did love the old closing.
something about those indelible words hitting
at the perfect time in the Feldman Track
made me feel like everything was gonna be okay.

>

@“kory”#p48342 Who recorded the old “podcast over yeaaaaaah!” closing?

Vito Gesualdi

Sometimes stuff sounds better said in passive voice, Jerry