Game & Sounds Poll for Videogame Soundtracks (Planning/Interest Gauging Thread)

@“xhekros”#p70225 i was thinking more like B-tier studio games rather than straight indies. coz tonnes of indie soundtracks are really popular! celeste, hollow knight, cuphead, dicey dungeon, shovel knight. i guess you could probably count touhou as well? celeste is on the current list for me and i see that as a bit of a “mainstream” choice for want of a better phrase.

Ys IV
Hotline Miami
Pathologic
Evergrace
Streets Of Rage 2
Streets Of Rage 3
Lagrange Point
SimCity (SNES)
Thunder Force IV
The Legend of Xanadu

@“rootfifthoctave”#p70244 Yeah. I‘ll try to make a list with some pendings that might be nice to hear from now on, but I can think OSTs like Unravel, Outer Wilds or Disco Elysium right of the bat. Citizen Sleeper had a nice OST, too, but I don’t know if it's mindblowing or not.

bold is more or less locked.

• 1. Shatter
  • 2. **Napple Tale**
  • 3. **Opoona**
  • 4. **Fragile Dreams**
  • 5. **Skyward Sword**
  • 6. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
  • 7. We ♥ Katamari
  • 8. Metal Gear Rising
  • 9. Contact
  • 10. ????? cannot decide
  • @“connrrr”#p70253 Shatter!!!

@“tapevulture”#p70242 That's possible to do? I was certain I constructed the Wonder Bread of game lists.

i've got two teams of ten that need to battle it out.

◻ rayman
    ◻ myst
    ◻ nights
    ◻ katamari damacy
    ◻ dragon quest 8
    ◻ grim fandango
    ◻ yu-no
    ◻ thunder force 5
    ◻ contra hard corps
    ◻ sonic mania

vs.

◻ mario galaxy
    ◻ panzer dragoon zwei
    ◻ the longing
    ◻ quake
    ◻ zelda breath of the wild
    ◻ obduction
    ◻ soul reaver
    ◻ animal crossing city folk
    ◻ sonic 3d blast (saturn)
    ◻ alien soldier

@“captain”#p70259 the only soundtrack I have on vinyl!

### My List

*Super Smash Bros. Melee*
    *Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos*
    *Journey to Silius*
    *Game & Watch Gallery*
    *Paddle Mania*
    *Celeste*
    *EarthBound Beginnings*
    *DuckTales*
    *Forecast Channel*
    *Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest*

>

@“pasquinelli”#p70266

I can help

~~mario galaxy~~

@“pasquinelli”#p70216 I was also thinking of including this, but as “Wii OS” or “Wii system software”, something like that.

Wait, are we doing lists already? I haven't been keeping up with this forum in the last couple of days, and now I'm confused.

a couple console OSes have great soundtracks and you should totally feel emboldened to put Wii System Software or whatever on your list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jc1BHQQJLc

***but I don't make da rules, that's @Gaagaagiins and I appreciate their effort putting this thread together. didn't mean for this post to come off as imperious as it probably did.

>

@“saddleblasters”#p70188 I don’t know how many people would agree with me, but I’d be in favor of expanding soundtrack beyond the OST of a single game to also include more amorphous stuff like the famous Hosono Video Game Music album or the Nintendo Sound Selection albums, which are official releases that include music from a bunch of games from a single company, including some sound effects as well. I don’t actually know if this allowed by your rules already, but it seemed like the assumption was that a soundtrack only belongs to a single game.

I think I'm going to overall agree with @yeso and say that less rules are probably better.

>

@“LeFish”#p70204 I’ve started testing and will finish later today. It’s 5am here and I’m only a minor sleep masochist.

That's great! I am having supper with my grandma unexpectedly today, so might be a bit tied up today.

Depending on whether or not you had any issues with the process and whether or not the data looks fine after submission, we should be able to post it soon.

@““I thought lethal weapon was safe…yeah.””#p70283

https://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

@“pasquinelli”#p70266 among the impressions i have of you and all forum members here, i know you as “the nights and quake ost guy”

something to keep in mind

@““I thought lethal weapon was safe…yeah.””#p70283

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcxUs3ks7x8

@“Herb”#p70263 just wait. i thought i knew what embarrassment was when i put TWO final fantasy games on my top 10 games list……

>

@“穴”#p70284 Wait, are we doing lists already? I haven’t been keeping up with this forum in the last couple of days, and now I’m confused.

People were chomping at the bit to get started. The data collection Google Form I made needs just a few more additions suggested by @LeFish who I elected as an alpha tester, and seeing as they didn't think it had any major problems and the spreadsheet it outputs looks fine, I will post it soon!

@“LeFish”#p70167

@"whatsarobot"#p70190

@"NoJoTo"#p70192

@"xhekros"#p70218

@"rootfifthoctave"#p70223

@"Herb"#p70231

@""I thought lethal weapon was safe..............................................................................................................yeah.""#p70245

@"connrrr"#p70253

@"pasquinelli"#p70266

@"LuigiIsThePope"#p70276

@"connrrr"#p70285

@"pasquinelli"#p70288

[Okay, the main post and the Form for data entry is live!](https://forums.insertcredit.com/d/1507-insert-credit-game-sounds-poll-for-videogame-osts-and-audio)

I tried to tag you all with replies that should lead right to your lists for anyone who posted a list.