Games for which there are two soundtracks, and both are good

@“treefroggy”#p39217 The 50hz version sounds like what would play whilst going for a gentle stroll through the park, pet some dogs on the way, and stop at a bakery on the way home for some scones.

The 60hz one sounds like what would play whilst running to a job interview knowing that at best you will arrive at the alloted time for the interview to commence.

@“exodus”#p22593 Came across this while looking for some other old post and figured you might like to know that this project was inordinately bouncy as part of a broader writing challenge set for the composers, and also because it featured the first tune in a long while from the now-deceased Nobuyuki Ohnogi, composer and tone-setter for golden-era Namco and the godfather of that particular jaunty style of BGM, so a lot of the composers elected to pay direct homage to his style—in other words, this particular project doesn't prove some deep shared cultural love of ragtime or whatever.

@“gsk”#p103295 interesting!! Even so, why would they take on the challenge if it weren't something they were into? I still find it a bit mysterious.

@“exodus”#p103297 The challenge was not to write jaunty music; the composers were essentially assigned tempos/keys that in some cases naturally leant themselves to that style of composition, and some of them chose to explicitly pay tribute to Ohnogi on top of that… but even then, I don‘t think that style overwhelmingly exemplified that project, even, let alone the default stylistic tendencies of a whole region of composers. I also think a lot of the composers very obviously donated tracks with very little consideration given to any sort of theme, or just half-assed them, but that’s typical of these projects as well.