2 Likes
2 Likes

The gym music for today!

3 Likes

listening to this album and having a beer watching the sunset rn, cheers

3 Likes

This is a hell of an album.

2 Likes

It is evening and I have had this album on for a while providing pleasant (to me!) background sound while doing other things

Drone Alone is a compilation of 12 drone soundscapes, each one album-length, with a focus on atmosphere, texture, and space. When producing these, I had in mind musicians like Stars of the Lid, Tim Hecker, Haxan Cloak, The Caretaker, William Basinski, Brian Eno, and many others. Importantly, though, I was not trying to hew too closely to any particular one of their sounds: there is a very wide range of different things to be discovered in this collection, and each track has a different approach, with a different seed of an idea at its core.

If you like to fall into a soundscape, or generally like your songs deep, textural, and unencumbered by earworm melodies or beats, Drone Alone may be for you.

3 Likes

I think you’ll like this: Astray | Hiemal

3 Likes

Just saw them tonight — Had no idea about this release before the show. I really enjoyed Always Dreaming

Wow super cool. Always Dreaming is one of my favorites too. I really love the voice leading style guitar on a lot of these tracks especially Darling of the Diskoteque.

1 Like

youtube recently showed me this extremely small time producer who makes, by a huge margin, the best vocaloid music i have ever heard. i am chilling out to their new song this evening and trying as hard as i can to get everyone to listen to them because they’re great.

2 Likes

Well it’s evening ish for me and found a bit of djent!

Honestly the title caught my eye :wink:

3 Likes

Not often I’d do two songs in a day, but this needed to be shared.

Just watched the new episode of Bluey, another amazing piece of TV and the music used near the end of the episode. Outside of the episode it’s beautiful and within it, even more so.

Fun fact - the singer is the actress who plays Calypso

Enjoy.

3 Likes

having a truly great time on my big boy sadsack evening. i’ve currently wound up on this, fuckin’, daft house INOJ interpolation

it’s really fun. generous portions

2 Likes

this evening i’m listening to the playlist of random stuff i’ll listen to on shuffle while doing the dishes on shuffle while doing the dishes and found this

1 Like
3 Likes

am also listening to this presently with some friends. About halfway through, it’s been solid so far!

1 Like

Dear Alan and Explorer were the stand-out tracks for me, but I quite liked almost all of it. The album starts far too strong to end like it did – I rather disliked the final two tracks.

1 Like

I’ve been on a Parquet Courts kick

2 Likes

Huge fan. That album is one of my favorites. This opening has such an REM sound, I love it.

Edit:
I think I like their antsier stuff best, but this one hits pretty hard with the children’s choir.

2 Likes