Let's thank our volunteer mods for moving the forum and also generally

I know what you’re all thinking: that fraternizing, let alone expressing a positive feeling such as gratitude for internet forum mods defies all common sense, but what if we did the unthinkable?

To that end, I set up a ko-fi page to collect donations for a one time thank you gift for the mod crew. I’ll leave it up for a while, then split the contributions 4 ways (Shane, Antillese, Tomof thefog, and Captain (@Syzygy if you see this lmk will include you for retroactive appreciation))

Let’s try to collect enough so they can each get a 6-pack and hey maybe even an extra “35 dollars” (- henry rollins) as a stretch goal

This is the best way to do this I could think of. Would just do paypal but not sure everyone would be cool with all the irl name sharing that would require. If someone knows a better way to collect $ for this purpose please chime in

(picture unrelated)

36 Likes

great idea. donated.

and thank you to @yeso for organizing! i hope you still have time to plan that weekend in vegas you were telling me about.

6 Likes

Donated for our wonderful mods to have a nice time, ty Polish ambassador!

2 Likes

I can be trusted with money :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I generally trust the elderly with money

12 Likes

Good idea! You got It!

2 Likes

right on.

2 Likes

And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!

4 Likes

dunzo. this place makes life better and the mods deserve to get a little something nice. good on you too, @yeso

2 Likes

Speaking only for myself and not for the rest of the mod staff or any other individuals:

I personally appreciate the sentiment very much! Thank you and I’m happy and proud to serve a leadership position in this community.

I am a pretty fortunate person financially. Any money that might be earmarked going to me is will be passed through to the IC server hosting funds to keep the lights on here.

12 Likes

This is a really great idea. Thanks for handling it yeso!

2 Likes

thanks everyone who has contributed so far. Will leave this up for another couple days so weekday posters can see it. Will then reach out to the mods and distribute the bribes donations!

10 Likes

Sincerely, thank you. This community means very much to me and it honors me to have been entrusted with this responsibility, and to serve this project any way I can.

13 Likes

Thank you mods and engineers, the board looks cool.

1 Like

Thank you all for this very thoughtful gift. The community here has become a special place for me, even in a short period of time, and being able to help in any way I can is something I take great pride in.

And a thank you to the rest of the team as well - I know the expression “I couldn’t do it without you” is used a bit too much nowadays, but I really couldn’t!

To each and everyone one of you :wine_glass:/ :coffee:/ :teapot:/ :baby_bottle:/ :milk_glass:

12 Likes

Awesome idea. The migration must have taken a monstrous amount of work.

1 Like

Lovely idea! Added a bit to the treasure chest!

1 Like

OK going to call it here. Thanks everyone for your contributions, but most especially thank you to @shane @TomoftheFog @captain and @antillese for protecting us from bots, Vietnamese gambling websites (which tbh looked kind of fun), and our own antisocial gamer tendencies!

19 Likes