Pathologic 2 Discussion (SPOILER HECK ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK)

people sure are missing out on this particular game…

doing some reading about pathologic - congrats to the team!

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/IXoC8cj.png][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/IXoC8cj.png[/IMG][/URL]

@yeso#26759 I want to win an award based on my non-standardness

more semi-competently translated ice pick history

https://archive.org/details/in-the-society-of-dead-poets-english/mode/1up

I‘ve been trying to think of other games similar pathologic 2 and am having a hard time. So far just The Last Express and Septentrion come to mind, and those are real imprecise. It’s tough. I can think of other art/media that share a roughly similar vibe though:

Dostoyevsky's The Idiot
Hunger and Mysteries by Knut Hamsun (important note: both written before author's extreme cancellation!)
Satantango
Kosmos by Witold Gombrowicz
The Seven Madmen by Roberto Arlt
Sunset (the Nemes film)

Just curious if other pathologic gamers are finding any other points of comparison. Also curious if anyone by me and gaagaagiins are reading this thread

Also PSA for non PC gamers who have a PS5: the PS4 version of Pathologic 2 is reportedly “bearable” on the PS5!! Run don't walk to purchase this game

edit - no it's bad

maybe also The Cannibal by John Hawkes and NWRA by the Fall, other misc the fall….

Ah, the old private club of this thread…

the thread title is a little forbidding lol

@“yeso”#p36626 I'm one of those spoiler freaks, unfortunately.

Although, technically, amplifying the risk of spoilers ruining one's experience of the game... is a spoiler... The Great Spoiler Paradox

[“Pathologic 2 Discussion (SPOILER HELL ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK)”,“Pathologic 2 Discussion (SPOILER HECK ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK)”]

@“yeso”#385 there, that should get people coming in

lmao

$$$$$$Steam key giveaway megathread 100% FREE!!!$$$$$$

85% DISCOUNT SALE RAYBAN

Holy moly fellas

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/bDCZyPr.jpeg]

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/L3Rbj1W.jpeg]

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/dyZhbbQ.jpeg]

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/gZCQD0g.png]

@“captain”#p52801 I'll give you some basic tips:

pick herbs in the early game when you come across them or have spare time. Just hold onto them until you eventually need them

stockpile bottles and fill them with water during the early game

the fellow traveller may offer you a deal. I won't tell you what to do, but you should follow your gut on that one

same deal for when you're visited by a group of misfits. They'll ask something of you which may seem counter-intuitive: just do what your gut (or maybe your heart or maybe your political convictions) tells you

About difficulty settings: I'd say play as deep into the game on normal as you can stand, then go ahead and dial it down if you get too demoralized or caught in a tailspin you can't get out of

• also: the diamond icon beside certain dialogue choices means that option will end the conversation FYI

@“After that rat, another and another.”#p52829 I am squinting at my screen to avoid reading these tips as I have for some reason gotten the idea that my experience will be “purer” that way: am I being a big idiot?

never mind couldn't resist, thanks for the tips