When the End Credits Rule

I was thinking about the end credits on Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day and realised we should have a thread about sweet end credits.

Ranko’s:

Vanquish:

Shout out your favourite end credits!

7 Likes

Someone’s gotta mention it so I might as well get it out of the way, without any pics or description so as to not spoil just in case: Nier Automata’s end credits sequence is superb.

7 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

The only video I can find of it has awful audio, but I like the Meteos end credits. Nice song and a big, no pressure playfield.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I love them interactive credits – most recent in my memory are those of 31 Unmarked Games (a fantastic collection of 31 games made in a day each, every day for a month, by one of my favorite video game designers):

It’s this immensely awkward, physicsy platformer where you’re desperately trying to climb down the credits and reach the bottom, but if you fall too far, you fall over and can’t get up again (something I’ve otherwise only seen in Fallover!, to my recollection – and probably some Flash games that aren’t coming to mind). As with most games in the collection, a central element to finishing the game is a Towlr-esque one of figuring out what the mechanics are in the first place. I can’t get enough of it.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever cried during end credits as much as I did during Automata’s, it was the first game I thought of when I saw the thread title

3 Likes

Ok what’s the best PSX smooth R&B ending credits song? I am the Wind?

For me, it’s this one from Soul Edge

2 Likes
3 Likes

Obligatory GOD HAND

Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Super Mario Land

1 Like

Oh wait the best ending credits song is Silent Hill no Uta

Edit: one thing I wasn’t sure about is why is Douglas a sakanayasan

2 Likes

I beat the Unfinished Swan last night, and the end credits and the final chapter are definitely the highlights of the game:

1 Like

wish I liked the game more but the (first) credits are sweet:

Final Fantasy XV
1 Like

The Super Mario Wonder credits are insane. They’re perhaps the level in the whole game that took the most time to create.

4 Likes

trick question… it’s saturn

2 Likes