2023 forums.insertcredit.com Video & Game Poll results thread

I only put the best Zelda on mine and it‘s absent from the list so I’m in the clear

@“yeso”#p126795 it had a huge impact on me when I played it, and even before it came out, when I saw those trailers and heard Kow Otani‘s score on IGN. I was obsessed for a long time afterward. It was an early game to have showed me what ways in which an action-adventure could be more than just fun, Killer7 being another one of those. Playing it led me to Ico which I also loved, and I waited patiently for Ueda’s team to finish Trico ever since that first employment ad went up on their website when I was still in college (and then I played TLG, interacted with Trico so much that the invisible trust meter filled, had a comparatively unfrustrating time and cried at the end). Tim‘s review for the game/interview with Ueda is also maybe the first thing I read on IC and how I found the site. I probably would have still played video games if I hadn’t discovered it but being exposed to Vagrant Story, SotC and Killer7 and probably also Katamari in the same year completely rewrote my taste in games. And the reason killer7 isn‘t on there is I don’t like it that much lol, and Katamari isn't on there because I like We <3 Katamari more.

Related: shoutout to @agro for that terrific anecdote about the game. Please go read that if you haven’t already.

Very happy to see Earthbound as #1. We did it, former starmen.net posters!

Smash Ultimate's demise can only be attributed to adding Sora to the game since he was the only one added after the last poll. 0 votes is pretty hilarious.

I'm surprised Civ 6 has overtaken Civ 5!!! I guess at this point Civ 6 has been out forever, but I felt like the consensus for a looong time was that Civ 5 was better. Is it the climate change expansion pack that changed things? Or because they added Canada as a playable nation?

All month I was thinking about changing one of my votes to Vagrant Story, and seeing it missing here hurts. I hope it's not like 1 vote away from the top 150. Oh well.

Big thanks to @"yeso"#385 and @"rejj"#455 for all this!

@“Mnemogenic”#p126724 thanks! I’m honestly surprised because I didn’t think my picks were that out there? But I guess yay me? I’ll have to make a custom footer with my achievement!

Darius Gaiden probably should have been on one of my lists but alas

@“TracyDMcGrath”#p126811 Next time we run this poll I‘ll try and have my list entirely be shoot-em-ups, which Darius Gaiden will absolutely be present for. Luckily I’ll still be able to continue including Pocky & Rocky.

>

@“Funbil”#p126814 Next time we run this poll I’ll try and have my list entirely be shoot-em-ups,

i'm in. will do the same if i remember in two years

>

@“connrrr”#p126800 (and then I played TLG, interacted with Trico so much that the invisible trust meter filled, had a comparatively unfrustrating time and cried at the end).

Had an identical experience with TLG, did not relate to reviewers' frustrations of Trico never listening.

@"穴"#p126815 Hopefully I can get good at Radiant Silvergun by then

Thank you @yeso and @rejj for all the effort put into this!!

I vow to never put a Zelda on my lists.

Let's all agree that the only zelda game allowed next time should:

Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda

Putting Ocarina on your list is a power move imo.

I do appreciate a forum where I can feel like a contrarian for liking The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64.

You're always a contrarian on forums.insertcredit.com because we have such a healthy diversity of opinion. Unfortunately we are objectively wrong on one front, which is that somehow the greatest action game of all time, GOD HAND, reduced in stature, which should have been impossible

@“yeso”#p126771

@“Gaagaagiins”#p126824 I’d like to like GOD HAND more but I’m terrible at it.

No umihara or saga tho wtf

>

@“tomjonjon”#p126827 I’d like to like GOD HAND more but I’m terrible at it.

The potential is within you.....

>

@“MovingCastles”#p126797 I don’t know HOW and I don’t know WHEN but one year I want to see Goemon 64 on a list.

If you remind me to put _Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon_ on my list in two years, I give my word as my bond that I will do so

Promising to include games in 2 years will be the new currency of this forum