A thread in which to introduce oneself

@exodus#122 made an account where

@BustedAstromech#112 I had to look up, when did Bioshock come out? Was the IC forum still even up that recently? turns out, it'sā€¦ 13 years ago. At which pointā€¦ y-yeah, I guess the forums must have still existed, just.

Seriously, 2007? I thought it was more like... I don't know, five years ago?

But then, I keep thinking last year was 1999. So.

@azure#134 I was in denial and I honestly still am a bit, I think I prefer 1 to 2

In an era of _engagement_ I should say I've never been quite as stimulated as when I was hate-scribbling the 50 pages of notes while playing _BioShock Infinite_, though

Hi.

I posted on one of the early versions of the IC forum and will always prefer the Web 1.0 way of socializing (minus all the hatefulness and goatse I mean). I donā€™t have much professional involvement in the games industry. I wrote for The Gamerā€™s Quarter when that was a thing. Only dabbled in making games etc.

But Insert Credit and the surrounding community of people has been a big part of life the last 15 years so Iā€™m always happy to see everyone still out there doing stuff and keeping it legit. You all are good people!

@BustedAstromech#136 OMG when I hover over the back-reference to see which post you're responding to, it throbs. (Seductively, I can only imagine.)

I find both BioShock games too recent to have gotten around to playing yet.

@Mr_Mech#143 surely you can spare a touch of goatse

@azure#144 it suddenly got very Videodrome in here__

@azure#145 you can have a little goatse.

### insert credit

videodromes; questions

@azure#144 Itā€™s hilarious you find Bioshock too recent because the rumor is that there is a remake in the works right now.

@Mr_Mech#154 perhaps one cup

@Mr_Mech#156 Iā€˜m constantly bewildered by these Yakuza remakes. Didnā€™t the first game just come out, like, a couple years ago?

Hay everyone Iā€˜m Chris (or Karasu, whichever), (they/them). Iā€™m a small independent gamedev and a Saturn collector, and I was one the old-timey version of the forums here under a different name. As a gamedev, I made a gross kissing game (not that one, the other one that wasnā€˜t as popular). I guess thatā€™s about all I have to say about that!

Isn't all kissing gross, though

@azure#159 Feels like it but I'm pretty sure it was a PS2 game.

@azure#164 Absolutely yes thatā€˜s an excellent point! Also I should probably edit my post to say ā€™not that kissing game, or the other one for PS2 that was even better, but another extremely unsuccessful one'.

@mcc#67 andi post on selectbutton instead

@daphaknee#169 if i press the select button and insert a credit at the same time do i unlock the sound test

oh you sweet summer child

I am Bachelor Soft and I have been making a black and white adventure game for the last 13 years or so. Itā€˜s called DDD: THE NATURAL PLAYBOYS and itā€™s about a famous lady in a towel wandering around Florida befriending alcoholics. You spend lots of time dialing phone numbers, and chatting on the telephone, and checking coin returns for forgotten change. I am very proud of it and I look forward to spending the next decade completing it.

http://www.bachelorsoft.com/images/laura-cheers.png![http://www.bachelorsoft.com/images/laura-cheers.png](src)

I bought a Ketsui PCB cuz insert credit said it was bad and that event changed my life so cheers thank you insert credit

Pretend I figured out how to link an image

1 Like