A thread in which to introduce oneself

Hey dudes, it's me, Personasama.

Now that we're older, I wonder what's going to be the vibe on insertcredit 2.0 3.0 zwei saga remix?

Anyway, feel free to @ me if there's any good Sega, SMT, or Pokemon talk!

iā€˜m u_u and post on sb and in another life posted on ic. if you were on ic but not sb you probably donā€™t remember me.

i love to game on the ps4 and watch warcraft 3 pro matches.

i'm intimidated that half the people here are in "the industry" and the other half are sb posters lol

'sup

hi everyone!! ^^ i'm egg boy color (eggboy or Andy are ok too). I like to make games, draw pixel art, and do coding stuff for fun sometimes. my pronouns are they/them.

I also mess around with homebrew coding and to that end I wrote a language called Wiz, that's a way to write high-level assembly for old consoles like NES/SNES/GB/SMS/MSX. It's a WIP, but it's aimed making some things a bit easier than raw asm code, while still keeping close to 1:1 mapping with asm instructions. I'm also working on a little Ys-like action/RPG called Wandering Magic, that started off as a PICO-8 jam game, but I want to slightly enhance and fill in the rest of the world.

At my dayjob, I also work in game development, currently at Tribute Games. I was one of the main programmers for Flinthook, which is a run-and-gun platformer with roguelike elements + procedurally arranged levels. Now I'm doing programming for Panzer Paladin, an up-and-coming linear action platformer with swordplay mechanics and a lot of references to older NES-era games. You pilot a powersuit to fight demons and collect their weapons, and can use weapons in a bunch of ways: attack, throw, cast spells, use for upgrades, etc. Your character who can move around on foot too. (however, I'll probably keep most conversation here to personal/non-work stuff!)

Anyways, hi! I figured I'd sign up here as a new place to hang out! Hope everyone is staying safe.

Hey! I posted on the old IC forums under the same name. I also just got out of 15 years working in the game industry, in which I managed QA teams/did project management. So I manage to hit both sides of the ā€œIndustryā€/ā€œSB postersā€ equation, nice.

I lurked the old place forever without contributing, tinkered at the edges of a zillion miscellaneous projects that donā€˜t have my name on them and probably wonā€™t remember signing up here beyond this post but until then, hi.

Hi, my name is Eric, and I somehow found my way here via twitter. Iā€˜m a comic artist and illustrator, and Iā€™m really find of old video games :slightly_smiling_face:

I decide to remake my old handle because whatever, but Iā€˜m PK, on OG IC forums and IRC I mostly complained about FF games and got into arguments with DR. I wrote some articles and did some art in the forums, but nothing major. I gotta say itā€™s been pretty cool seeing names surface in the game industry that I saw in here once upon a time.

Today I work as an illustrator/designer in the gaming field, but gambling, not video game. I collect video games and even sometimes play them!

Just wanna say Iā€˜m real glad to also see people who arenā€™t in the industry on here! If your bio is ā€œmy name is x and I like cats and my job sucksā€ we welcome you wholeheartedly

Hi there! Iā€˜m Tigress although my BRAND IDENTITY is Automatic Tiger. I participate in, and help coordinate, the Snexploration Squad podcast ā€™network', and specifically host The Book of Megadrive episodes on the feed (We host the episodes here if anyone wants to check them out: https://snes.club/ ).

As for what I'm interested in, it's a huge spectrum. Most of the last few years I've been deep diving into Sega stuff, something I'm a bit of a latecomer to. Hence all the Sega podcasting I've masterminded over the past year and change. Like I suspect a lot of folks around here, I spend a lot of time thinking really deeply about games and wanting to look at them from less orthodox perspectives.

I haven't actually done much easy to access games writing, but I'm hoping to get more into that space in theory. Podcasting has been where I've done most of my actual work. I'm always looking out for cool spaces to talk about games in, so I signed up here.

Sega is like, this whole lost ecosystem. It's a better world that we should be living in today instead of where we are.

hello everyone

i started reading insert credit when i was about 15 and it made me feel like i was the coolest video game-liker around. 10 years later i would't say i was that far wrong. insert credit has always been full of wonderful, smart people and i'm glad to meet ya'll šŸ˜ƒ

i work in IT and on the weekend enjoy exploring the arts. the bio brandon mentions is basically meeee what up

@Lacquerware#116 Good to know you're doing well despite all that. Maybe one day that Prototype will surface in some auctionā€¦maybe.

OG Xbox emulation is coming along pretty nicely, too, though it'd be cool to mess around with a modded system.

Hi everybody, my name is Jinghua. I have read many of insert creditā€™s old post, though I am too young to read them when they were first written. I think I like videogames, but sometimes I am not sure. For example, right now I canā€™t think of any game that I will say is my favorite game. But I have programmed many games by myself that no one will ever see. It is interesting to me that you all are making games. I guess I still thought people who make games are rare, but they are all right here. I hope I will contribute to discussion.

Hello.

I'm a moderately-remarkable dork from SB posting here just so I can get away with saying "I used to post at Insert Credit back in the day" tomorrow.

I don't have any real connections with the games' industry or indy's scene or whatever, but I've been making a Channel F homebrew game and a ZZT world recently. Maybe I'll finish them this year idk. (Maybe I'll actually play some games this year too. Who knows?)

My avatar is from the cover art for IBM's "One Hundred and One Monochrome Mazes"

Hi I used to lurk on old IC but never posted? (he/him)

Made some small puzzle games and an arcade game: https://gate.itch.io/

I am frustrated that I can't log into this forum in Firefox!

wecome! and weā€˜re fixing that once we figure out why that is! @shane who actually built this whole thing basically exclusively uses firefox and has no problems, so itā€™s kind of a mystery right nowā€¦

A thing about Firefox is that close to universally, everyone who uses it employs an unwieldy tangle of plugins that have not necessarily been tested against each other. So those may be some cards to lay on the table for all parties wishing to understand what's going on there.

Hi, Iā€˜m Leon!

I donā€™t really ā€œmakeā€ games. I throw little things together as a hobby, but Iā€˜m pretty new to that. I donā€™t do anything professionally outside of stocking shelves right now on account of still being in school, but Iā€˜m hoping to end up in some kind of graphic/web design position when thatā€™s all over. Unfortunately, Iā€˜m not especially good at anything related to game development, so bear with me for this uninteresting introduction.

I figured Iā€™d sign up here since I love the structure of forums (even if some would consider them kind of a dying thing) and realized that I didnā€˜t really have a place to talk about video games. I donā€™t have a favorite genre, but especially appreciate any games that are weird and have unique premises and/or visual styles. Iā€˜m also really into the stranger end of gaming history. Know when youā€™re reading about some crazy marketing tie-in used to advertise an old game? That kind of stuff is my jam.

I canā€˜t think of anything else to put here, so I hope thatā€™ll suffice. :smile:

welcome!! this will be a good place to talk about video games I hope