Cozy bedtime games

I need some cozy bedtime games, i have about 13,000 hours in hearthstone (been playing since closed beta) and I have played my way through enough stardew valley. I also recently beat a majority of Binding of Isaac Repentance too but realised that game is a lil too stressful for a good nights sleep, any recs?

4 Likes

I made a similar thread of Soothing Games :hotsprings: - there are some recommendations in there. I too like to play a game before bed, and I think maybe the use case is slightly different. 53u0rXz

I think stuff like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, or Animal Crossing would be a good choice with the caveat that you might get pulled into “one more day” or “one more task” sort of mentality.

I personally find grinding in turn-based RPGs to be a cozy way to settle down for the night, I’d also recommend something like an Octopath (which is voice acted so you can close your eyes during cutscenes)

6 Likes

Oh amazing! I’m really tempted to get back to those WoW days of just slowly doing tasks and collecting herbs as I get lost in Azeroth again…good times

3 Likes

Oh man, Stardew Valley is the kind of game that keeps me up all night!

I’m with you on turnbased RPGs though. I’m sure it’s nothing novel to say that Final Fantasy (up until X, probably) and Dragon Quest are excellent bedtime games. Chrono Trigger, too, which is their intersection.

4 Likes

Picross!

10 Likes

Picross stresses me out so much :sob::sob:

3 Likes

I’ve gotten back into Ragnarok Online recently and I find that game to be pretty soothing and semi-mindless before bed. It’s got nice music and cute graphics and it’s nice to just click on stuff a bit while winding down for sleepy time.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing an embarrassing amount of Super Auto Pets before bedtime. It’s not a sophisticated game, but it’s very low impact and it’s fun to see what build you can make work.

3 Likes

Haha, this used to be a chill game for me but I’ve had to stop playing it because I was getting a repetitive stress injury in my forearm.

The problem for me with games before bed at all is that even relaxing games engage my brain too much. These days I just end up reading instead.

3 Likes

I’ve been seeing ads for a mobile version of it and have been somewhat tempted.

1 Like

I think it’s time to bust out the 3DS before bed rather than a gaming laptop it’s probably more convenient and useful for this case scenario. But as per the PSP aesthetic thread I wish I didint sell my Turquoise PSP so I could play Metal Gear Acid :tired_face:

1 Like

I should probably add I do own a switch so maybe anything on there?

I’ve been playing read’em ups as sleeping aid for years. Ace attorney, Danganronpa, ace attorney, ace attorney, steins gate, ace attorney, more ace attorney lol. Finished Great ace attorney 1 2 recently and I gotta say it was no good and worked terribly as sleeping aid for me. Playing miles Edgeworth 2 fan translation now and it’s working great at knocking me out.

3 Likes

Hmm as a huge Steins Gate fan I might have to tackle the visual novel after all…thank you!!

1 Like

I don’t do screens before bed, wrecks my ability to fall asleep.

That said, crosswords, sudoku, even some light solo board gaming can be nice to wind down.

4 Likes

For years the video game playing community has been trying to figure out what to call text-heavy games with more interactivity than a visual novel. To think the answer would be laid so bare in the replies of an internet forum. Will 100% be stealing this thank you

11 Likes

I’ll say to you what I’ve said elsewhere long ago - Fantasy Life rules for amount of near mindless stuff to do but still retaining charm and motivation without resorting to Stardew level compulsion.

2 Likes

Golf Story on switch was a go to bedtime game for me for a bit. 2d overhead golf with an rpg story. Also enjoyed the Touryst on switch for bedtime light action adventure game. and finally Captain Toad treasure tracker on switch , bite sized puzzle platform levels.

2 Likes

Just got this today! Keen to try it!

1 Like

Captain Toad is so good!

3 Likes