Favorite Games The Show Doesn't Like

Yeah I wasn’t sure if I had one, but yeah I’ll join the chorus in saying that Smash is great. I’ll also be the shameless one and say it’s one of the only fighting games I’m actually a bit good at, and so that definitely factors into how much I like it.

Maybe this is a more controversial opinion but I also think Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is straightforwardly the best game in the franchise. You might prefer playing Melee competitively because of the insane speed, but, at least for me, SSBU is plenty fast.

7 Likes

Oh I cannot play melee haha. I will play ultimate, however I would say 99% of my smash interaction these days is watching melee tournaments.

3 Likes

Smash bros is great! The games simultaneously have a meticulous attention to detail and are often a big mess. That’s the kind of stuff they usually love, right?! Put me in a room with 3 people, the only game I want to play is Smash (any of em!)

I’m also a big boy for Banjo. I played it as an 8 year old, so I’m hooked for life. I understand what they can’t chill with about it, though.

5 Likes

Berzerk (Atari 2600)
Wizards of Wor (Atari 2600 and arcade)
Pressure Cooker (Atari 2600)
Ghost Manor (Atari 2600)
Tron (arcade)
Pac-Man (arcade)
Galaga (arcade)
Mr. Do (arcade)
Dig Dug (arcade)
Star Wars (1981 arcade game)
Star Trek (arcade - I think 1981)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (arcade)

Rocket League! Like a fighting game it takes practice to get started—it even has built-in practice drills—but once you learn to hit the ball consistently and control yourself in the air, it feels incredible to play.

3 Likes

I also enjoy Mass Effect! There are definitely goofy and/or downright bad things about it, but it also has some really great characters and world building elements that I jive with.

3 Likes

Gravity Rush series. Idk if Frank or Brandon have played them but Tim has talked some ish about it before. Couple of my all time favs there!!

6 Likes

Really? The first Gravity Rush game is one of my all time faves. I didn’t enjoy the second one as much, but they’re both great, and probably my favorite Sony franchise outside of Ueda’s works.

3 Likes

I think Earthworm Jim is fun, despite its nonsense level design.
Doug TenNapel sucks though and so I don’t want to defend that game too much.

3 Likes

I really like Earthworm Jim 2 but yeah can’t be too enthusiastic about it

1 Like