Having a very normal morning on this very normal day.

My dad loves burnt peanuts and I send them to him on his birthday every year.

Unlike the description it is not burned at all but a candy coated peanut not dissimilar to a boston baked bean which is not a bean but a peanut as well but round instead of textured. I prefer the burnt peanuts myself.

I suppose if one wanted to get horrible they could argue a peanut is a bean, but we all know that no one has ever once asked for beans expecting peanuts.

2 Likes

I love a biscuit with my tea, but my new favorite thing for an afternoon snack (usually with the boys for a goûter) are home made flap jacks. Takes no time to make, four ingredients and lasts for a good few days. Or two bad ones!

5 Likes

Fork and knife

1 Like

3 Likes

7 Likes

lol at Tom vowing to avoid accidentally saying things Americans find weird, then posting how he likes an afternoon pancake with tea

17 Likes

Pancakes in the middle of the day is legit imo

6 Likes

I was also lured into a store to buy some candy. Dots for the #dotscrew and a Rocky Road to pour one out for the local candy maker that’s closing

8 Likes

Prepare for the pedophile pamphlets.

1 Like

at first i thought this was a vague threat for the afternoon pancake remark

7 Likes

I salute the afternoon pancakes, sir. It’s my customary meal as a semi-functional adult.

7 Likes

a heavy carb afternoon like that can only make sense if you’re in one of those european countries where you get a 4 hour nap time during the workday or whatever it is they do

5 Likes

Remember I said for you, anything? I take it back!

8 Likes

ohhh. dots, not dots

ttar_button_candies_01_h

6 Likes

oh you mean a granola bar. That makes sense

4 Likes

I absolutely thought you were talking about pancakes

14 Likes

TURNABOUT SNACK

3 Likes

holy crap - flapjacks being granola bars in England is the newest of many revelations. having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one.

17 Likes

i am also flabbergasted.

7 Likes

Then again, how would you make pancakes with four ingredients? What would you skip?

6 Likes