INSERT CREDIT TIME ATTACK!

This was like reactivating a cold war era sleeper agent for me, I played so many of these games as a kid. I'll probably keep picking away at it, but this is making me so nostalgic for stuff like Shopping Cart Hero, and other Kongregate games.

Side note, but does anyone know the actual source of this genre(?) Is it this lmao?

It's not the highest score but my last two digits are the Nicest

There’s a time attack style challenge going on over here that some of you might be interested in. #SPLASHWAVERACING
https://twitter.com/SharkaBytes/status/1787059104101392684?t=Rlz1Lmt3u315oX5iyLLMVw&s=19

3 Likes

Yeah! I saw that on BlueSky this morning. Glad she started that because I was wanting to revive this thread with SR-765 in Ridge 1 lately but I’ve been totally underwater with work lately. I’ll see if I can make some time to submit a time! ^_^

4 Likes

Sega Rally was a good time on here!

4 Likes

I did two T.T. runs on Seaside Route 765. Not great - my lap time get slower on each successive lap! Here are my times.
IMG_1876
IMG_1877
Both are with automatic transmission with the yellow Solvalou. Playing the PSX disc via PS3.

3 Likes

I also ran a Mid with the same car and settings.
IMG_1878

2 Likes

deleted this previous one cause i was apparently using the wrong car! i guess it’s limited to the F/A racing (default red one) for this one.

This was the best i was able to do today with that one:

0’53"073
NTSC-U, MT, F/A

1 Like

could I possibly trouble someone to please cross-post whatever the details of this current challenge are?

@hellomrkearns linked to the tweet here: INSERT CREDIT TIME ATTACK! - #163 by hellomrkearns

but here’s a screenshot!

Basically,

• original PS1 release, (not arcade, hi-spec, namcollection, etc)
  • mid-level track
  • default F/A racing car
  • automatic or manual, just note which one
  • any region, just note that as well
5 Likes

Thanks!
(I ask because I have blocked the entirety of twitter on my network)

2 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

oh heck yeah

this event was made for us, let’s go

3 Likes

I haven’t played since this was our Game Club game last year, so I’m rather rusty. Posting this run mostly as an initial yardstick rather than any real achievement or goal – I expect this time to be bested considerably.

4:42.782

I made some big mistakes along the way, heading off in to the dirt for a bit and losing a lot of time.

3 Likes

Aw man I almost forgot to give this a try! thanks to @rejj for stepping up

I think this is the best I’m getting tonight:

4:36.015.

3 Likes

2 Likes