Logos and λόγος: A Logo Thread

I love graphic design and typography, despite not knowing much about either, and something about the iconography of video game developer logos appearing as I boot up a game always feels exciting to me. I love the way the logos pop in, silently or with a signature sound effect, inviting me into the strange little world I'm about to experience. I was wondering if other people feel the same? Maybe we could use a thread where we get hyped about our favorite game developer (or publisher or whatever) logos.

I'll share three favorites to start.

Jupiter. Jupiter, known (by me, anyway) for some pretty fun Pokemon pinball games, has this thin, elven font that I dig. I also love the faint purple color. Something about this pairing makes the word seem celestial, harkening appropriately to its space-namesake. There's also just something alien yet comforting about the angularity of the letters here.
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/97t6ZAf.png]

Sega AM2. I'm sure we're all fans of AM2 around here, but can we all just stop and appreciate the VIBES of this logo? It screams '90s, but unlike a lot of '90s graphic design, it feels timeless and not dated at all. The swishiness of the letters conveys fun and some edge without bleeding into that aggro-scunge that was popular in video games advertising at the time. The way the letters fade from yellow on top to a pinkish-red at the bottom suggests the bittersweet beauty of the setting sun. The blueish streak is breezy, yet centering, adding coherence and levity. But let's be honest, the palm tree is the real star here. It reminds me of the breezy, carefree beachside fun of Outrun and Daytona USA.
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/SXkoE1S.png]

Lastly, I'll share one of the logos that inspired me to start saving favorite video game developer logos into a designated folder on my computer. Polygon Magic. Not the biggest deal game developer. They made Galerians and Incredible Crisis for the PS1 and some other alright stuff. They clearly had some creativity brewing, but they never get talked about these days.

• But look at that logo! Woah baby, it's him! An honest to God connect-the-dots dinosaur! Love the Crayola 4-Pack energy from the red, blue, yellow, and green. He's got a big smile or something! Is there something poetic about the way he's looking backward, turning away from the future he inevitably, perpetually walks toward but can never reach? Probably not. The font is kind of a dumbo kiddie cursive, but I just can't not love it! The M in particular has some real bounce to it. In conclusion, I would play a game starring this dinosaur and I want this logo on a white t-shirt.
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/QEfPqfT.png]

Anybody else have favorite game company logos they just want to yell excitedly about?

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/1FUtPyq.png]

I‘ve always appreciated Toaplan’s 70's Burbank TV set energy

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/mCOjrh1.jpeg]

I’m sure there are more examples, but anything that looks like it was drawn by a child in MS Paint always brings me joy…somehow simultaneously conveys both playfulness and utter confidence. Like, seriously, we’re going with that? Yes, yes we are.

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/WUx8WmA.png]

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/76nksPo.jpeg]

I love the alien syndrome logo that is itself an alien

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/x2g2yUg.jpeg]

@“devilsblush”#p51853 Used to play this with my buddy who was the One Kid With A Master System. I could have described this logo to you. But 30 years was not enough time for me to realize the logo is in the shape of an alien.

From Community Pom. What a gem!

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/KT8crGU.png]

The Designers Republic

[upl-image-preview url=“https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/original/0/2579/1749675-1234837017.28015.123483632157188angryman.jpg”]

In my mind, I probably associate angryman more strongly with Wipeout than the Psygnosis logo itself

@“antillese”#p51860 hah! I only noticed recently too, probably while looking at the logo section of sega mega drive selected works

here are a few I like

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/AQ5vlcE.png]

Big fan of Grasshopper's logo and how they often play with it for different games. This is their current one and an old one below it.

![](https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/7/7b/Grasshopper_manufacturelogo2.png/revision/latest?cb=20180115004505)

![](https://static.miraheze.org/closinglogosgroupwiki/thumb/2/2c/Grasshopper_Manufacture_%282005%29_2.png/365px-Grasshopper_Manufacture_%282005%29_2.png)

Also quite like the font treatment for the Tamsoft logo.

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/TAMSOFT%281024%29.png)

I just want to say I love all these.

@"Chopemon"#p51947 I loooove these Grasshopper ones, esp. the black and white one. Very detailed and ornamental, yet simple enough shapes that it's memorable as a logo.

@devilsblush So many good ones here! The Warp one is new to me...I really dig it! Fill In Cafe's logo is just a triumph, though: the font, the white rectangle, the way the letters play in the black and white. Effortlessly cool.

@TracyDMcGrath Something about that logo really looks like a company that would make shmups. The blockiness of it. I can just imagine shooting it and damaging it bit by bit.

@Dunkr The HAL one is so evocative and dreamy. I love how it implies an entire story that you're free to wonder about.

@kory The ArcSys one is super cool. It is funny how this is kind of a common sub-style of logo. Genki, for example, fits right in.
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/v5Gp7An.png]

@KennyL Thank you for the Team Witch Switch! New to me!

A few more personal favorites because why not.
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/N2xT0Ez.png]
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/9UlgPbJ.png]
    [upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/vIcKpBA.png]

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/syzCdOK.png]

Important update: the new Bandai Namco logo has changed colors slightly. They have one final financial trimester to decide. The change is supposed to take effect on April 1st.

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/kGbseCv.jpeg]

https://youtu.be/8ymr80qsxWw

One of the GOATs

Really old ones

[upl-image-preview url=//i.imgur.com/STzcqGz.jpeg]

@“sabertoothalex”#p57176 Woah, I never knew about that early 2000s era logo (I guess that was not a high point in Falcom‘s notoriety, at least in the West), but it’s classy as heck. I dig their newer rainbow-schemed one, but that white fancy font over the red is good stuff!

https://twitter.com/HelloMrKearns/status/1496199312547942401?t=w7wneuTau9Dr7r2_h_O1OA&s=19

@“hellomrkearns”#p59666 Yeah, that is boss.

https://twitter.com/Marcelllado/status/1515817600403611650

@“KennyL”#p66811 oh, I've never seen that classic konami logo