MY DJ SO BAD - Riddim Games Discussion !

Ask on the bemani Facebook group or something, you will likely find the answer and maybe even make a friend

1 Like

Oh hey, a rhythm games thread. Love the genre, my senior thesis in university was building a rhythm game and I actually worked at Harmonix for a year with credits on Rock Band 4 and Amplitude.

These days I play Stepmania a decent bit, but I unfortunately am using a softmat as I just simply donā€™t have the space to store a nice, actually usable dance mat. :frowning:

I also play DJ MAX V a decent chunk, though itā€™s been a few months (I should get back to thatā€¦).

Iā€™m immensely curious about that Saturn Parappa-like, and kinda want to try and get my hands on a copy. Wish I had seen this thread before I was in Japan, haha - maybe I couldā€™ve found it cheap enough. Speaking ofā€¦ something truly magical about playing Taiko no Tatsujin with working drums. Iā€™ve never once had the pleasure of playing it in a US arcade and not feeling like Iā€™m fighting against a broken drum padā€¦ so to experience playing it a Japanese arcade was delightful.

Anywhoo, I could ramble on about a variety of thoughts and feelings about a variety of rhythm games but for now Iā€™ll just say Iā€™m glad this thread exists and that I found it. :smiley:

5 Likes

from what I remember, there should be pre-patched isos out there to get around the copy protection? itā€™s been a while since I played those, but I think thatā€™s what you need to look into

1 Like