Was that a frame drop mic drop?!

4 Likes

:musical_score::notes:The Switch drops frames like Miyamoto drops rhymes! /
Intend to play Metroid Prime 4 all the time for fun for everyone for… /
tunate enough to blast a space pirate /
that’s all I got, DJ Tent Mode should stick to moderating. :notes:

:microphone:

3 Likes

One could certainly argue this, though it wouldn’t be a way to get my personal buy-in to an RPG. Being able to choose is important to me

5 Likes

yes, my point was that even if that was the approach they were trying to take, they didn’t even do that. I just wanted to temper expectations and counter what people had said before about being able to choose the gender, since I feel like it barely counts

In DQ 3 there is female-exclusive equipment and female-exclusive personality types. It’s not much, but it’s not nothing.

3 Likes

One’s mileage is always going to vary with these things. What’s there in the sprites above is more than enough for me

2 Likes

they made zelda a girl

16 Likes

can’t believe zelda is woke now

14 Likes

Zelda’s Awakening

7 Likes

Another good Direct if you like cool and weird games. Everyone’s covered the real good stuff already (I’m especially down bad for DQIII and SaGa 2 and curious about a bunch of others), but I gotta give a shout to the return of Denpa Men, which I did not expect to see today. I will definitely try that for the price of free

4 Likes

Super excited about metroid 4. But that trailer was so underwhelming considering it has been in development for 7 years already

1 Like

To be fair the development was re-started and it was announced 5 years ago

1 Like

This graphics tho

3 Likes

Peach’s empty, unfocused eyes are kinda freaking me out.

3 Likes

Dragon Quest I and II: HD-2D Remake

Reminds me of when they just called it Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U

4 Likes

nintendos continued use of the lil vignette graphical style signaling loud and clear: these are little cutey intellectual property figurines owned by a corporation aren’t we precious

3 Likes

absolutely DO NOT try to use your imagination here. This is all cold dead plastic

5 Likes

I’m murderously excited for Mario & Luigi: Brothership – but beyond that, I’m murderously curious as to who the developers are, now that AlphaDream has reached its omega and has been reduced to but a dream. From what I hear, many AlphaDream employees went on to work at Soleil, but given that Nintendo likes to keep to second-party developers, that seems unlikely.

It looks like they may have gotten Tetsuya Ohi, monster designer, back. If not, they nailed the M&L’s monsters’ particular offbeat style, which I thought would be a lost cause!

We even have Antasma’s eyes (which, y’know – probably the series’s second most forgettable primary antagonist after the Dark Star – but they’re good eyes).

Most of all, I’m just bottomlessly thankful that it looks like they’re – hopefully – allowed to get funky. With TTYD getting that remake as well, who knows – perhaps we’re finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of Nintendo’s “no fun allowed” era? It’s a bit early to tell for sure. Dream Team and Paper Jam looked like good eats, but were overcast with dreariness and safe choices.

I’m not hearing Yoko Shimomura’s signature driving melodies in the music in the trailer… One would hope they get her back, right?

6 Likes

The GBC version of DQIII has much more differentiation between the sprites for the male/female hero. Very cute, I think I played the whole way through with a girl character when I was a kid.

1 Like

maaaaaan

• new zelda looks great!
  • official AAI2 localization, physical even!
  • a mario & luigi RPG happened
  • the gooch is back at the RPG’s
  • i’m gonna play the punisher beat-em-up some more
  • dankey kang again
  • metroid prime 4 is not dead
  • all the dragon quest remakes!
  • that NES championship thing looks cool man i really hope they do an SNES one later on too like they should’ve with the NES remix game

excellent show, my only gripe at the moment is this is cool, but not $200 cool cmon squeenix

1 Like