This one is for all of you (And mostly Jaffe!)

c32f19b2ec910d689a64fd6d72682488

24 Likes

Thanks to everyone in our community for your patience during the forum transition.

In terms of the key players on this project:

• @Shane ran the show, did the research, and came up with a solution. He really transitioned the entire live database to a new front end and made it all work more or less on the first try in his free time. Thank you very much for your time and effort Shane!
  • @TomoftheFog and @captain helped quite by confirming user roles, testing moderation tools, checking for errors, etc. The fact all this is live is because of their vote of confidence in the mod team’s ability to keep the community safe and healthy.
  • For completeness, I helped identify a few technical issues, and managed comms during the transition.

Special thanks to @exodus for giving us a place to hang out, keeping the lights on, and paying the hosting bills for our entire community.

36 Likes

Thank you mods + admin + everyone involved in moving the forum over <3

11 Likes

It will take some getting used to because i’m baby, but great job everyone!

10 Likes
7 Likes

Thank you everyone involved in the move! So happy to have the forum back

6 Likes

thanks everyone. And I was serious in the discord about beer money. A 6 pack is customary when someone helps you move after all

11 Likes

it’s good to be back

insert credit

17 Likes

hell yeah thanks everybody

5 Likes

I only joined like a month ago and I really missed this place while it was gone! It’s good to be back. Thanks to all of you for the hard work getting us migrated!

11 Likes

Thanks everybody for all the work you’ve done moving it over!

5 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work!!

3 Likes

Movings* are always stressful but I love a good update and UI change, I’m the guy reading the patch notes hoping it changes everything.

Thanks everybody involved! really.
This is a really good place and that became obvious for me once it was gone (for a little while). Love seeing everyone’s positive messages around the whole thing.

*not sure if this is the right work**

**I mean WORD, this is not my best day

5 Likes

My whole routine was shot this weekend not getting to spend it piddling around on the forum. So glad to see it up and running again. Thanks to all you folks for your hard work keeping the dream alive!

5 Likes

This move looks like an impossible task from the outside. Thank you to everyone for making it happen! The new platform lets me choose a color scheme called Dracula, so I’d say its a positive change so far.

8 Likes

I was excited to find that dracula theme as well :D

4 Likes

Waaahhhooooooo

3 Likes

Thanks to all involved! Really appreciate this place and everyone’s efforts in maintaining a quality hang out.

4 Likes

Thanks to the team! What an undertaking! Good to be back :-)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone in the admin team for all the hard work! Went pretty fast and with barely a molehill of hiccups, all things considered.

The new interface feels a bit cramped on the phone (at least at 100% zoom) but maybe that’s just a matter of habit.

5 Likes