Having a very normal morning on this very normal day.

They’re dark and bitter, just like my mood. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

Definitely would eat, can confirm. Would eat them even more if they were dark instead of milk.

1 Like

I haven’t read everyone’s candy take because I’m not a big candy person, but I will buy a cherry blossom on sight whenever I’m at the hardware store that carries them.

2 Likes

Ick. Only elderly people bought them, and only kids ate them.

1 Like

PS kudos on Harris picking the guy from the video of all the kids hugging him for her running mate.

10 Likes

I don’t have much to add about old people candy discussion either, except that if you’re ever in a cracker barrel or general store and see these – go with Tutti Frutti or Sassafras

d1d1c0d692f2903d0d1ede12c323ae5e

also its kinda crazy seeing democrats make smart decisions for once

9 Likes

those are great. they also remind me of saltwater taffy, which is probably one of my favs

2 Likes

12 Likes

I saw 60-ish unread replies in the having a very normal morning thread and thought “ooh boy, some Stuff must have gone down”.

Ready myself, click, and discover… everybody is talking about chocolate and lollies now. I basically never eat lollies and almost never eat chocolate bars or blocks, but I sure do enjoy a dark choc digestive with some tea or coffee.

17 Likes

Do you dunk with them in a hot drink? Or keep the integrity and eat it naturally?

i go wild for taffy, especially peppermint and licorice. herbal flavors are what i like in candy.

there always used to be spice egg jellybeans available around easter, but i guess no one liked them but me because i haven’t found them in a couple years.

3 Likes

I’ll give them a cheeky small dunk to get one bite of soft, dunky bikkie, and then eat the rest un-dunked.

It is a real test of skill – one that I have failed countless times – being able to judge how long to hold the dunk in order to get optimal goodness but not damage integrity to the point that half of the digestive breaks off and falls to the bottom of the cup.

4 Likes

I had a horrible digestive biscuit accident only the other day where I wasn’t paying attention and over dunked my digestive biscuit, then as I removed my digestive biscuit it half fell on me, half back in the cup. Cuppa was ruined.

1.5 seconds is enough for me - not only does it keep enough of the solid consistency but also has enough liquid for the melt in the mouth/drink flavour.

9 Likes

heck of a sentence fragment (Americans only)

13 Likes

as someone whose earlier childhood could be described as “rockwell chic” or “kennedy poor” and experienced the austere and dubious yet real privilege vacation climes of coastal maine and cape cod, the lack of salt water taffy in this discussion is pleasing to my anti-striving nature, but would leave my deceased mother clutching her fake pearls

inspired by this discussion, i did pick some up on the oregon coast yesterday. adult verdict of someone who eschews sweets is: these are just fine in microdoses, as dependent on a wise flavor choice as a jelly belly

6 Likes

So for non-Americans, what’s missing?

this is what it reads like to us

13 Likes

(liked out of solidarity, not 'cause I like what happened!)

2 Likes

sadly my best candy days are also behind me. this is a “remember when” conversation for me.

1 Like

Edited it to save confusion and also comparisons to that video.

2 Likes