Nintendo Direct Thread

Well, here we go for one (final?) rodeo…
https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1802702745276662114

4 Likes

We’ll soon learn if Mario & Sonic qualified for the Paris 2024 Olympic games or if the IOC has quietly banned them for taking performance enhancing drugs.

10 Likes

I think they were too scared of swimming in the poop river

6 Likes

let’s get on this hypetrain y’all

11 Likes

10 Likes

Arms 2 is real and happening and it WILL fix me

6 Likes

Am I the the most delusional man of all time if I say we get dragon quest out tomorrow.

7 Likes

Not as delusional as seeing all the Nintendo RPG remakes and half expecting an Earthbound remake coming in fall and Mother 3 localization dropping same day.

4 Likes

dq 4+5+6 ports pls

mother 3 for real this time, i can feel it y’all

3 Likes

I’m expecting Mother 4 and Mother 4 HD remake shadow drops, but I’ll be too busy playing F-Zero GX 2 and Nintendelephants to get to them right away.

8 Likes

The real question is… Will demonschool be on the indie reel thingy they have at directs?

2 Likes

If we are dreaming big here - I’ll say new 1080 Snowboarding and Waverace and some sort of Donkey Kong Jr. appearance.

4 Likes

Zelda’s Awakening confirmed??

5 Likes

Echoes of Wisdom looked cute!

MP4 looks to be consciously preserving the vibe that I loved about the first two games. Tentatively excited for this.

10 Likes

I have my arms perpetually crossed for Zelda, but I was intrigued by Echoes of Wisdom.

4 Likes

Switch aint dead, suckers. It will never die. Daily reminder that I was right.

the usual complaints:
I have to hear Nintendo of America’s juvenile ass narration in this zelda trailer.

I was always expecting more 2D zelda on the Link’s Awakening remake engine. So I’m not super surprised. But I am kind of disappointed. I’m self aware enough to question if I’m being all anti-feminist gamer bro about this. So let me say I think that Zelda or a female protagonist should be an option in mainline AAA zelda games like TotK. This feels like they relegated it to their B tier 2D games. Like they’re killing two birds with one stone.
Either way it looks super dope and I 'm gonna play it for sure. I was skeptical at first because Nintendo’s priority to innovate gets in the way more often than not these days imo. I like swords and dungeons. I don’t want watered down gameplay. The echo system is a red flag. But this looks like they’re delivering something I can enjoy still. At the very least, the graphical presentation and world design is righteous. Even the soundtrack sounds like the same creators as LARemake. It’s gonna echo the R&D1 design, I like the cantankerous old man. For a second it seemed like the lost third Oracle game, but this could be even better. The echo system, in a way, seems like a subversion of tedious crafting that really needs to happen in the games industry right now. Stop making me craft shit and just let me duplicate stuff immediately.

Could be the greatest thing to ever happen. I’m just always skeptical and cynical when it comes to nintendo.

Hopefully it’s just the beginning of more to come, too.

10 Likes

Square Enix has given SaGa so much support this generation it’s wild. That mobile game must be huge for them. 2 new, big SaGa games in one year is strange. I’m not complaining but where is the sudden enthusiasm for this franchise coming from?

Dragon Quest III is going to be good, but Dragon Quest I & II collection feels a little bit uninspired. I get that the games have particularly sloppy mobile ports that are worthy of cleanup, but it’s already easily accessible. Even though I like Dragon Quest I & II a lot, I would have liked to see any other Dragon Quest game more.

I have a feeling this puts out Dragon Quest XII to at least 6 months after that game comes out.

If they had created a new series and called it “The Legend of Link” or whatever, then I’d be with you, but this is specifically a Legend of Zelda game, which I think opens the door for Zelda to be in more stuff. Her play style is says to me that she’s going to be in a lot of Zelda stuff moving forward and play the role of link’s “Master Hand” abilities as they integrate the TOTK stuff into puzzles and dungeons in the new style 3D zelda games.

6 Likes

mother 4 is the life you lead after playing mother 3

9 Likes

earthbound will be remade with traditional media (clay or felt) by the time we are 70 years old, but not any time soon.

4 Likes

I agree. Hoping her abilities are less gimmicky and can stand on their own beside link’s timeless sword empowerment. Just give zelda a sword and all of link’s abilities imo. It’s an RPG.

3 Likes