Show me anything

5 Likes
4 Likes

I really loved this model of game creation/experimentation. What can be done with a smaller budget? Once a game proves itself as a simple series game, can it evolve beyond that? (for EDF, the answer was clearly yes - for onechanbara the answer has been a clear “maybe, not really”

It feels like this sort of model should still work but instead you’ve got publishers throwing random things at the wall to see if they stick which isn’t quite the same thing.

I think if you put me in charge of a simple series lineup and I got to pick the devs and give them each $500k and 18 months, you would get a lot of cool neat weird stuff. when I win that lottery, watch out!!

6 Likes

It seems like there are a lot of games of similar scope to scattered across itch and steam, which makes me wonder if collating and compiling them into a nu-Simple 2000 kind of thing would help with the discoverability problem those developers face

6 Likes

I feel like it would help, especially if it were specifically curated. You’d have some idea of the vibe and the drive of the games (a bit weird, on the shorter or grindier side, exploring one mechanic very deeply), and popular devs could come back to do further entries in the series, etc.

4 Likes

The auto translate captions on these are decent so hopefully more people can get something out of them. My wife has been sharing these overly serious convenience store clerk sketch comedy clips with me and I thought they were pretty funny! He is very serious about protecting the youth from the dangers of underage smoking and drinking

3 Likes

yeah good editing/curation + making it into like a focused event and object would be cool. The talent is definitely out there. A major publisher could really run with it.

2 Likes

A particular bus driver I’ve encountered twice already has his bus covered in One Piece posters and he also has a Sonic movie sun shade thing

14 Likes

I think it’s cool that they are either allowed to do this or not being stopped from doing this. Let people bling their bus as long as it’s not like political posters (as I typed this out I realized it’s a slippery slope).

7 Likes

I wish the world would just let people be little weird more

15 Likes

6 Likes

yeah

i grew up in maine, and briefly worked for bean

the bootmobile is a whole cultural thing

5 Likes

i’ve stopped waiting for permission

6 Likes

Wait wait wait. So it’s actually BEAN OUTSIDER as well as BE AN OUTSIDER? I wasn’t just giggling at a pun in my head? And now I see L. L. Bean there, of course.

TIL the bootmobile is a thing.

2 Likes

I don’t ask either, I just get bothered more than I’d like.

2 Likes

yeah I wasn’t gonna say but I’m quite familiar with da big boots they got going on since my family is from maine. I rep the big xl boat n’ tote for life.

1 Like
4 Likes

13 Likes

We can post video to the forum now? I can finally convey my cultural outlook in video form!

Pretend that I haven’t already posted video to the forum some time ago, maybe.

3 Likes
3 Likes