Show me anything

3 Likes

Not at all. While I’ve struggled with his music, jungle is a genre I really didn’t like. I remember going to clubs in London where it was played all the time and enjoying it, but I think that was because it was the atmosphere more than the music.

It’s been years since I heard it so maybe it deserves another play.

2 Likes

Well I had a chance to put the first few songs on and I have to say, I’m liking it!!! So far it’s far from what I remember hearing about, which is a good thing - as when you mentioned it I had it in my head it was a pure jungle record and it’s not. For me it’s much closer in genre to an industrial album than anything else, even then that’s labelling it unfairly as it’s not that. It’s not a nightclub album, but something to enjoy on your own with headphones.

I will take some time to listen properly, as I’ve never given it a chance and it deserves a proper session to take it all in. You may have done what many have failed before and got me into David Bowie the musician, not just the person =)

3 Likes

lol science

3 Likes

19 Likes

yeah, well said. it’s not a jungle or industrial album but is certainly informed by both genres. if this does get you into david bowie, i’d imagine you’d join the rare and illustrious rank of people who have only done so through the earthling album.

2 Likes

Wait, you weren’t talking about The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars???

It may get me into an album by him, but maybe not an entire career. As I’ve mentioned before, I really want to like his music because as a person I found him so incredibly fascinating to read about and watch interviews with so I figured his music must be the same, but so far it hasn’t worked out. If any album would, all bets are it’s Earthling. Or The Labyrinth Soundtrack.

This club sounds cool though, does it provide cake?

1 Like

Large spider spotted on a shoot last night. Thought they were cool, as long as they weren’t moving :+1:

8 Likes

Love this kind of orbweaver. Lots of childhood nostalgia about running through the woods and the path being suddenly blocked by a wall of web with the zig-zag patterns and them sitting in the middle looking all dangerous (not only is their venom weak, they’re super docile. the colours are a bluff).

6 Likes

I listened to it. Twice. So I’m going to put what I thought in the right place, the Music - The Topic topic!

Short answer, I liked it :wink:

3 Likes

this is such a good channel, and i hate it

add this to the whole gambling element i talked about on-air in that autistic meltdown ramble here a couple years ago,

and the rise of so much right-wing rhetoric and indoctrination,

and the appalling level of media literacy in our paranoid helecopter-parented kids who are so afraid of getting in trouble for performing the “wrong” opinions,

and i feel physically sick about the future and the role that video games are being explored to destroy our world, our individuality, and our basic human bonds

i hate this fucking medium and i feel such shame at ever having been involved with it

5 Likes
5 Likes

Look at the size of this polypore fungus. It’s about 3 feet across

12 Likes

10 Likes

This video is okay in some respects but doesn’t mention imperialism, which is such a huge and unaddressed factor in all of this. I am not sure it’s fair to paint all of games with the same brush.

8 Likes

The Union Pacific is surprisingly goopy

6 Likes

IMG_3111

9 Likes

Check out these dweebs. I daresay with one wrong (or right) turn they could be any one of us

(here’s what they sounded like and their video vibe)

13 Likes

Dweebs!?!?! They were for about 10 minutes the coolest band ever! I love the Sputnik and have posted that before, possibly the only other post on the forum here GOOD MORNING (what are you listening to) ☕ - #886 by Tom

How they formed, were signed and their line up changes are just insane. So if you have a moment or are bored check this out.

And please tell me where you found this and did you buy it?

4 Likes

I just want to say that Earthling was the album that made me a Bowie fan. I borrowed the CD from the public library when it was brand new, and it blew me away. I’ve since listened to all of his albums many times, and Earthling still ranks highly for me.

3 Likes